After Hours On-Call
On-call staff members are available to respond to a variety of student needs, including facility-related emergencies.
- If you need help, call your complex office for assistance first.
- If the office is not open, then the office door will have signs posted with the on-call numbers which are also listed below.
- If the emergency is facility-related, then the on-call staff member will have access to maintenance personnel who are able to respond.
- Be prepared to provide as much detail as possible, so that the on-call staff member can aid with the appropriate and timely response.
Office Phone Numbers: office hours are Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 10 p.m.; Saturday - Sunday 5 - 10 p.m.
- Boling Apartments: 423-425-8300
- Johnson Obear Apartments: 423-425-8500
- Lockmiller/Palmetto Apartments: 423-425-8400
- Stagmaier: 423-425-8900
- Guerry or Decosimo: 423-425-5900
- Stophel: 423-425-5911
- Walker and UC Foundation Apartments: 423-425-5907
- West Campus: 423-425-1040
After Hours On-Call Numbers: the cell phone numbers to call outside of regular office hours
- Boling Apartments: 423-355-0030 and 423-355-0031
- Johnson Obear Apartments: 423-355-0032 and 423-355-0034
- Lockmiller/Stagmaier/Palmetto: 423-355-0028 and 423-355-0029
- Walker/UC Foundation: 423-355-0041 and 423-355-0043
- Guerry/Decosimo: 423-355-0044 and 423-355-0046
- Stophel: 423-355-0022 and 423-355-0027
- West Campus: 423-355-4817 and 423-355-4774
For emergencies, call Campus Police at 423-425-4357
Emergency maintenance issues should be called in to your complex office or RA On Call (numbers posted above) or Campus Police at 423-425-4357.
- Log in to Manage My Housing.
- Enter your UTC ID and password, click login.
- Use the Room Maintenance link to submit requests.
Learn more →
Channel Line Up
For a list of networks and channels, check out our channel lineup.
Use the Speed Queen laundry app to keep up with the status of your laundry.
Learn more →
Online Room Condition Report
Resident assistants are instructed to report any pre-existing damages to the room prior to the resident’s arrival. Residents should inspect room condition upon check-in and report any discrepancies on their online RCR within 24 hours.
- Room Condition Report is available through Manage My Housing.
- Residents and roommates are responsible for ALL damages to their room.
- Damage and improper check-out assessments will be completed by the resident director after all residents have moved out.
- The RA (or any other staff member) cannot make verbal guarantees of an absence of charges.
- Final charges will be assessed by the resident director.
- Charges (or lack of charges) listed on the room inspection do not include penalties related to contract breakage.
- Residents are responsible for damages regardless or not of approving their online room inspection.
Fall Semester Closing
All residence halls will close on Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at 12pm (noon).
Learn more about the check out process, room changes and seeking permission to stay over break.
Learn more →
Scholars in Residence
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, in collaboration with the Department of Housing and Residence Life, congratulates the academic and scholastic efforts of our residents during the fall semesters.
A UTC Housing and Residence Life student initiated the Scholars in Residence Honors Program in 1990. At that time the student was serving as an Assistant Resident Director of Lockmiller Apartments and wished to recognize on-campus residents who had excelled academically.
The tradition continues of promoting and recognizing the scholastic achievement of the residents. Each year on Presidents Day the Housing and Residence Life Department hosts a ceremony and reception for the students who made the Dean's List during the fall semester.
Visit the Scholars in Residence page.
The University does not assume responsibility for loss or damage to personal property while living in university residence halls or apartments.
After determining what it would cost to replace your more expensive belongings, check to see if your family homeowner's insurance would cover the loss. Be sure to check the deductibles (what you are responsible for paying before the insurance company will pay). These tend to be $500-$1,000 and it may not cover certain types of loss like, breakage, accidental damage, flood, water/sewer backup, etc. and may have restrictions on certain types of property like electronics.
To help with your choice, The University of Tennessee System has made arrangements with Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. to offer specialized student property protection. Special provisions and benefits of their policy include:
- Replacement Cost Valuation
- Accidental Damage
- Flood and Earthquake coverage
- Theft and Burglary
- Water Damage
- Low Deductibles starting at $25
- Worldwide Coverage
- Limited Identity Theft Expense Coverage
- Premiums as low as $69 annually
You can also add Liability Coverage to your policy for only $42.12 a year. This will cover you if you damage your room and the University asks for you to pay for damages or in the event another student sues you for damaging their property in the event of a loss.
For more information visit UT System Risk Management Website
Financial Wellness Center at UTC
Offers money management, budgeting events, programs and financial coaching to students.
Learn more →
Center for Academic Support and Advisement
Check out some online resources about note-taking, reading difficult texts, test anxiety, and other useful information.
Learn more →