1 - Clear your Immunization Hold
A meningitis vaccination is required by law for all students living in the residence halls. Immunization records must be verified through University Health Services in order to be cleared to select a move in appointment. This process includes submitting all necessary information to University Health Services, satisfaction of the immunization hold, and then clearance of the immunization hold in the housing system. University Health Services
2 - New Students: Submit Photo for MOCs ID
New students will need to submit their photo online through the MOCs Card office for it to be printed and ready for pick-up at check-in.
3 - Sign Move In Agreement and Select Check-in Appointment
Available starting Friday, July 21st at 8am EST Manage My Housing, select "Operation Move In". A copy of the agreement will be sent to the students MOCs email account after signing. You may also view the documents on our Housing Policies page.
Appointments will be in 30min. time blocks. A limited number of students are permitted per time slot. If plans change you can cancel your appointment and pick another one.
Once in Manage My Housing you will see your earliest move in date listed under your "Upcoming Bookings". This is the earliest you will be able to select a move in appointment, however we do have appointments open all week to fit everyones schedule.
4 - Print Packing Labels
Use this OMI Packing Label on all your boxes, bags etc. this way volunteers will be able to easily identify which room to take your belongs to.
5 - Print Unloading Pass
Log in to Manage My Housing, click Operation Move In to print your unloading pass. Print one for each vehicle you are bringing to campus.
6 - Review the Move In Map & Traffic flow
Available though our campus map starting July 22, to navigate around campus on move-in day!
If you are apart of a group requiring early arrivals such as athletics, step ahead math, band, sorority recruitment etc. you will be able to select an appointment on the date determined by your group leader.
Same procedures apply however you will get your room key at your complex office on your check-in date NOT at the drive through check-in tent at the Sports Complex. Please park in the unloading zone for your building to check-in, unload and then move to a long term parking lot.
On your move in day
1 - Check-in
Wednesday, August 16 and Thursday, August 17 - drive through check in will be at Sports Complex. During your move in appointment time, the student should drive through our check-in tent located at the Sports Complex, Engel Drive, pick up your room key and other goodies! Parents or others can meet them in the unloading zone at their Residence Hall, see maps for location.
Friday, August 18 and after, please report to your complex to check in.
2 - Unload at your Residence Hall
- Park according to marked unloading lots/spaces. You have 20 minutes, from the time you arrive to your complex, to unload your car and place items into your room.
- Driver should remain with the vehicle.
- A limited number of moving carts are available for checkout, however we suggest you bring your own cart/dolly.
- Please do not park in the street, in Handicap spots or Fire Lanes (you will be towed/ticketed).
- Street parking is operated by the City of Chattanooga. Meters are free after 6pm Monday-Saturday and on Sunday.
- Once you have finished unloading please move all vehicles to the long term parking lots and allow others a space to unload.
3 - Unpack and get settled
- Take all trash to the dumpsters, do not pile items in the hallways.
- Dumpsters are available at each complex, please recycle in the blue bins.
- Residents not checked in by Monday, first day of class, are considered "No Shows" and will have their assignment cancelled. Any student arriving after the first day of class or later needs to contact their Resident Director letting them know to avoid cancellation and fees.