Build Community. Make Connections. Develop a Career.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga is a national model for metropolitan universities. In collaboration with our many regional partners, we offer an experiential learning environment with outstanding teaching scholars in bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs.
Shaping the Future for 135 Years
Since its founding as Chattanooga University in 1886, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga has pursued an institutional excellence on a blend of private and public traditions in higher education.
- Transform lives through meaningful learning experiences.
- Inspire and nurture scholarship, creativity, discovery, innovation and entrepreneurial initiatives.
- Ensure stewardship of resources through strategic alignment and investments.
- Embrace diversity and inclusion as a path to excellence and societal change.
- Arts and Sciences
- Engineering and Computer Science
- Health, Education and Professional Studies
- Honors College
UTC Quick Facts
23.6 Freshman Mean Enhanced ACT Composite
11,728 Total Students
$9,656 Total Tuition and Fees for In-State Undergraduates
76% Student-Athletes Made the Academic Honor Roll and Keep a 3.309 GPA Ave.