Weather may have an impact on move in, please check the University website, sign up for UTC Alerts and check your Mocs email for updates.
1 - Clear your Immunization Hold
A meningitis vaccination is required by law for all students living in the residence halls. Before a student will be issued their key at move-in, immunization records must be on file with University Health Services.
2 - Sign Move In Agreement
Available starting 2 weeks prior to move in. Log in to Manage My Housing, click Operation Move In to sign the agreement. A copy of the form will be emailed to the students MOCs email account after signing. You may also view the documents on our Housing Policies page.
3 - Select Check-in Appointment
Appointments will be available starting 2 weeks prior to move in. Log in to Manage My Housing, click Operation Move In to select your appointment time. A limited number of students are permitted per time slot. If plans change you can cancel your appointment and pick another one.
4 - New Students: Submit Photo for MOCs ID
New students will need to submit their photo online through the MOCs Card office for it to be printed and ready for pick-up. Moc Card office is located in the UC next to the Bookstore and will be open Friday 8am-5pm and Saturday 8am-4pm.
On your move in day:
1 - Check In at your complex office
View the MAP for office locations. Log into Manage My Housing on your phone to pull up your Fast Pass for check-in and have your student ID ready.
2 - Unload at your Residence Hall
- Park according to your UTC parking pass.
- A limited number of moving carts are available for checkout, however we suggest you bring your own cart/dolly.
- Please do not park in the street, in Handicap spots or Fire Lanes (you will be towed/ticketed).
- Street parking is operated by the City of Chattanooga. Meters are free after 6pm Monday-Saturday and on Sunday.
3 - Unpack and get settled
- Take all trash to the dumpsters, do not pile items in the hallways.
- Dumpsters are available at each complex, please recycle in the blue bins.
- Residents not checked in by 5pm on the first day of class are considered "No Shows" and will have their assignment cancelled.
- Any student arriving on or after the first day of class needs to contact their Resident Director letting them know.