3 - Roommate Preference and Matching
- Do you know someone attending UTC? Would you like to live with them? If so, exchange full names and UTC IDs.
- Students will be able to create roommate groups up to 4.
- Incoming freshmen can only be matched with incoming freshmen or incoming transfer students.
- Only mutual requests will be considered. All students in the group must accept the request.
- Groups should be established prior to any student receiving an assignment. Adding a student to a group who is already assigned will not place them in the room with the rest of the group.
Roommate preferences are not guaranteed and are subject to room availability.
Roommate Groups can be set up after you submit your application but before an assignment round.
One person will need to initiate the roommate group.
You will only be able to set up roommate groups with other students who have completed their housing application.
Once the roommate group has been started through Manage My Housing, each person will receive an email to accept the request to join the roommate group. Once accepted, it becomes a mutual request. Requests expire after 14 days.
The group creator can add, delete, or change the roommate group at any time. If changes are made by the creator a notification of the change will be emailed to the roommates.
Students will be able to create roommate groups up to 4 students.
Students may log into Manage My Housing at any time to check their messages, search for roommates or edit roommate groups.
Once someone is assigned, they will no longer be a part of the group. Once the group is assigned it can no longer be edited/changed.
Students will be assigned by the Housing Office on specific date & time based on their application complete date. Assignment dates will be posted during the spring semester.
Roommate Matching Questions
On your application you will be asked to answer a few questions about yourself to help you find a compatible roommate.