Students inquiring or needing to cancel their housing must complete the Housing Cancellation Request form through Manage My Housing.
Cancelling prior to move in:
- The pre-payment may be refundable in full if cancellation is received prior to May 1. If cancellation is received prior to June 1 student will be refunded 50% of the pre-payment. After June 1 there are no refunds of the prepayment.
- Students cancelling due to unforeseen circumstances may appeal the forfeit of their prepayment by submitting their appeal and supporting documentation through their cancellation request in Manage My Housing. If you are experiencing issues uploading the documentation in Manage My Housing then you may email the information to [email protected].
**Provided you do not owe the university money, the refund will be applied to the card used to make the initial pre-payment. If you owe the university money, then a portion of it will be use to clear your balance and the remaining monies will be refunded to your card. Please allow 10 business days for a refund to be processed to your card.
*If you are a new UTC student and wish to cancel your upcoming enrollment you must also complete the New Student Cancellation form located HERE.
Cancelling after student has moved in:
- Once the cancellation has been submitted, the student will be sent an email to their Mocs account with a detailed letter on the fees associated with breaking their contract.
- A student may choose to appeal these fees by uploading an appeal letter and supporting documentation to their Housing Cancellation Request. If you are experiencing issues uploading the documentation in Manage My Housing then you may email the information to [email protected].
- The appeals committee meets monthly and will review the information provided by the student.
- The student will receive an email with the committee's decision within 2 business days of the committee meeting.
- Fees will be assessed after student has checked out.
All fall semester residents have signed an academic year contract (both fall and spring semesters).
Fee's for classes and meal plans are processed separately by the Bursar's Office and Meal Plan offices. Please check with them for details.