Recreational Facilities Admittance Policy
The Recreational Facilities (Aquatics and Recreation Center and Maclellan Gym) are for the use of UTC students and other authorized members of the University community (faculty, staff, spouses, alumni, dependents, retirees, Moc One members and paid guests). A valid UTC Mocs Card or Campus Rec Card is required in order to enter these Recreational Facilities during operating hours. Note: Membership fees may apply. See Membership Information webpage for details. Although such a policy may appear to be an inconvenience to you, it actually serves the purpose of protecting your interests and rights as an authorized user. Your cooperation in presenting proper identification is expected at all times.
Students, faculty, staff, and members who forget their UTC Mocs Card or Campus Rec Card will not be admitted into the facility. In addition, a current Campus Recreation Membership is required to enter all recreational facilities.
Please help maintain a secure environment by using your personal UTC Mocs Card or Campus Rec Card upon arrival to gain entrance to the Recreational Facilities, watching your valuables carefully, and notifying the staff if you see something out of the ordinary. The Campus Recreation Department is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
*The groups of individuals listed below must have the following to enter all Recreational Facilities:
Students – valid UTC Mocs Card
Faculty and Staff – valid UTC Mocs Card
Moc One (Spouses/Dependents/Aqua Mocs or eligible member) – Campus Rec Card
Alumni - valid UTC Mocs Card (Alumni version) or Campus Rec Card
Retirees- UTC Mocs Card or Campus Rec Card
Guests - All guests must enter with a current member and pay the guest fee.
- Age Requirement Policy- Participants under the age of 18 are not allowed on the Recreation side of the Aquatic and Recreation Center or Maclellan Gym. Aqua Mocs members and dependent(s) under 18 years old can only use the Aquatics Center with an eligible adult member or guardian.
- Building Card Access Policy- A valid UTC Mocs Card or Campus Rec Card is required in order to enter the ARC or Maclellan Gym during operating hours.
- Personal Items Policy– Campus Recreation Department is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- UTC Mocs Card Use Policy: Improper use of a University ID will result in a suspension of building access and is subject to a judicial review. Improper ID use is defined as using another person's card to gain access into a University building or use of University programs.
- Campus Rec Card Use Policy: Improper ID use is defined as using another person's card to gain access into a Recreational Facility. This card can only be used for access to Recreational Facilities.
ID cards used by individual other than the owner will be confiscated and the bearer of that card will be required to leave the facility (The owner of the card can claim their confiscated ID at the Facility Coordinator’s office). Both individuals will not be allowed to use the facility and program for the remainder of that day. Both individuals involved may receive a week (seven day), or more, suspension from all Campus Recreation facilities and programs pending the outcome of a judicial review. Incidents involving Faculty/Staff carry the same penalties and will be referred to the Human Resources Department. Alumni or Moc One memberships will be revoked if similar incidents occur.
General Rules and Regulations
- All must have a current Mocs Card or Campus Recreation Card to enter. Improper use of a University ID will result in a suspension of building access and is subject to a judicial review. Improper ID use is defined as using someone else's card to gain access into a University building or use of University's programs.
- NO GUM
- No food or drink allowed in the ARC.
- No dunking.
- Programs such as schedule Campus Recreation activities have priority over drop in and open recreation.
- Use of alcohol, tobacco or any form of drugs is prohibited.
- Use of the any Campus Recreation Facility is a privilege. Those who do not cooperate with established policies, use abusive language, are under the influence or act inappropriately toward a University employee will be asked to leave and have their privileges revoked.
- Approval to post flyers, signs or posters must be prior approved.
- Athletic shirts & shorts and proper non-marking shoes must be worn at all times, except in the pool area. Shirts and tops must cover torso and belly.
- All accidents and equipment damage must be reported to a Campus Recreation staff person. The person damaging University property is liable for repairs or replacement.
- Personal private contract work, IE swimming lesson, personal training, and/or fitness workouts of any kind are not permitted.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for parking.
Photography / Filming
To respect the privacy and security of students and members who utilize the
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Campus Recreation facilities and programs,
the department has a zero-tolerance policy against unwanted photography and filming.
Taking photos or video without the consent of the individual or without prior approval is cause for immediate removal and possible suspension from Campus Recreation facilities and programs. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, or additional social media sites.
Photography and Filming Rules:
- Photography and filming is strictly forbidden in any Campus Recreation locker room
or restroom facilities.
- Any unwanted or inappropriate photography or filming will be not tolerated within any Campus Recreation facility.
- A Campus Recreation assigned Media Pass must be worn and visible at all times by those doing pre-approved filming/photographing.
Media access is defined as media obtained or reproduced for use by a third-party media outlet that is not affiliated with UTC. All media/commercial access must be approved by the Office of Communications and Marketing.
Media Pass Procedures
- Complete the Photography/Filming Request form 48 hours prior to filming and send to the Coordinator of Operations. You will be contacted to confirm your request.
- Once permission has been granted, please check in with the customer service desk of the facility upon arrival. A Customer Service Representative will grant you access and assign you a media pass.
- Photographers must seek permission from individual participants before proceeding with photography/videography. A photo release must be provided by the photographer.
- Upon completion of the photo/film shoot, check out with the Customer Service Representative and return your media pass.
Contact a Campus Recreation staff member to report any questions or concerns.