Room Assignment Information for Current Students
Student can complete the room change request form through Manage My Housing starting Wednesday, August 22
- Students who submit the form during the Free Move Period, August 22-29 will not be required to meet with their Resident Director nor pay the $25 room change
- Moves will start August 29th
- Room change approvals will be sent from the main housing office.
- If you have a balance with the University then you are ineligible to participate until the balance is cleared.
- These additional fees will be due and payable immediately and will result in a hold on your account if not paid.
- Resident Directors will initially approve the request which will then be sent to the Main Housing office for final approval, provided rooms are available.
- Starting January 17th, students will be notified via email by the main housing office when they are eligible to move.
- Students will have 48 hours to move from their old room to their new room.
- Room changes will continue to be approved throughout the semester, as long as rooms are available.
- Student must checkout of their old room with a Resident Assistant and turn in their key within 48 hours.
- Room changes are subject to room availability and are not guaranteed.
- We will assign students off the waiting list based on application complete date (earliest first).
- If you no longer wish to be on the waiting list please send us an email to cancel your application, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check your email for updates on your assignment.
- Application opens in March.
- Freshmen and Sophomores living on campus are required to purchase a meal plan
- Juniors and Seniors may choose not to have a meal plan
- Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior or Senior status is based on your current credit hours
- If your credit hours change after a semester ends resulting in your classification changing, you may log in to Manage My Housing to update your meal plan preference.
- The University classifies undergraduate students as freshmen, sophomores, juniors,
or seniors according to the number of credit hours the student has completed. The
following table presents the relation between class standing and semesters hours completed.
- Freshman: 0-29 semester hours
- Sophomore: 30-59 semester hours
- Junior: 60-89 semester hours
- Senior: 90 or more semester hours
- For more details of the meal plans please visit: UTC Dining Fall 2018 Meal Plans
Current students wanting to secure housing for the following academic year will have the opportunity to select their own room durning room selection held in the sping.
Applications will open in January.