Room Selection Information for Current Students
Students will reside in the same room Fall 2019 and Spring 2020. Due to high occupancy we are unable to offer a free move period this semester (fall 2019).
20/21 Room Assignments: Room selection will occur in March 2020, check back for more details.
Due to high occupancy we are unable to offer a free move period for Fall 2019. Manage My Housing.
- Students who submit the form during the free move period, TBD, will not be required to meet with their Resident Director nor pay the $25 room change fee.
- Moves start TBD
- Room change approvals will be sent from the main housing office.
Note: if you are requesting to move to a room with a higher rate:
- If you have a balance due with the University then you are ineligible to participate until the balance is cleared.
- These additional fees will be due and payable immediately and will result in a hold on your account if not paid.
Room change forms submitted after the free move period must be approved by your Resident Director. Schedule a meeting with him or her to get the form approved.
- Resident Directors will initially approve the request which will then be sent to the Main Housing office for final approval, provided rooms are available.
- Students will be notified via email by the main housing office when they are eligible to move.
- Students will have 48 hours to move from their old rooms to their new room.
- Room changes will continue to be approved throughout the semester, as long as rooms are available.
- Students must check out of their old room with a Resident Assistant and turn in their keys within 48 hours.
- Room changes are subject to room availability and are not guaranteed.
Spring 2019 free move period will be in January (typically the second week of classes). Check back for specific dates.
- Freshmen and Sophomores living on campus are required to purchase a meal plan
- Juniors and Seniors may choose not to have a meal plan
- Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior or Senior status is based on your current credit hours earned.
- If your credit hours change after a semester ends resulting in your classification changing, you may log in to Manage My Housing to update your meal plan preference.
- The University classifies undergraduate students as freshmen, sophomores, juniors or seniors according to the number of credit hours the student has completed:
- Freshman: 0-29 semester hours
- Sophomore: 30-59 semester hours
- Junior: 60-89 semester hours
- Senior: 90 or more semester hours
Current students who completed an application but did not select a room during room selection are automatically placed on the waiting list.
- We will assign students off the waiting list based on application complete date (earliest first).
- If you no longer wish to be on the waiting list please send us an email to cancel your application, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check your email for updates on your assignment.
Students inquiring or needing to cancel their housing must complete the Housing Cancellation Request form through Manage My Housing.
Cancelling prior to move in:
- The pre-payment may be refundable in full if cancellation is received prior to May 1. If cancellation is received prior to June 1 student will be refunded 50% of the pre-payment. After June 1 there are no refunds of the prepayment.
- Students cancelling due to unforeseen circumstances may appeal the forfeit of their prepayment by submitting their appeal and supporting documentation through their cancellation request in Manage My Housing.
Cancelling after student has moved in:
- Once cancellation has been submitted, the student will be emailed a detailed letter on the fees associated with breaking their contract.
- A student may choose to appeal these fee's by uploading an appeal letter and supporting documentation to their Housing Cancellation Request.
- The appeals committee meets monthly and will review the information provided by the student.
- The student will receive an email with the committee's decision within 2 business days of the committee meeting.
- Fees will be assessed after student has checked out.
All fall semester residents have signed an academic year contract (both fall and spring semesters).
The following are potential fees based upon cancellation reason:
- Students Transferring to another University with proper documentation (acceptance letter & class schedule)
- Exchange Students, enlisting in Military during the semester, Study Abroad
- December Graduates
One Month Fee:
- Not Enrolled
- Students Transferring to another University without proper documentation
Full Term Fee:
- Still Enrolled/Moving off-campus
***Cancellation fees are in addition to charges for length of stay on campus, charges are prorated per night after checkout. Resident Directors determine charges for damage to the room and/or improper checkouts.