Room Selection Information for Current Students
Due to COVID-19 we will NOT be able to offer a free move period for Fall 2020.
- Freshmen and Sophomores living on campus are required to purchase a meal plan
- Juniors and Seniors may choose not to have a meal plan
- Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior or Senior status is based on your current credit hours earned.
- If your credit hours change after a semester ends resulting in your classification changing, you may log in to Manage My Housing to update your meal plan preference.
- The University classifies undergraduate students as freshmen, sophomores, juniors or seniors according to the number of credit hours the student has completed:
- Freshman: 0-29 semester hours
- Sophomore: 30-59 semester hours
- Junior: 60-89 semester hours
- Senior: 90 or more semester hours
Current students who completed an application but did not select a room during room selection are automatically placed on the waiting list.
- We will assign students off the waiting list based on application complete date (earliest first).
- If you no longer wish to be on the waiting list please send us an email to cancel your application, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check your email for updates on your assignment.
COVID Cancellation Update:
As of July 30th: COVID Cancellation Policy Update
As of July 7th: Housing and Residence Life is offering the option for students to study from home whose class schedule changed to completely online after the recent July 7th registration changes to meet social distancing guidelines. You may cancel your housing contract by completing the housing cancellation request form online at Manage My Housing by July 31, 2020. This option is available ONLY for students living at their permanent home address with a parent/guardian. Students will need to upload a copy of their class schedule to their cancellation form. This is not required, students can live on campus while taking online classes.
Students inquiring or needing to cancel their housing must complete the Housing Cancellation Request form through Manage My Housing.
Cancelling prior to move in:
- The pre-payment may be refundable in full if cancellation is received prior to May 1. If cancellation is received prior to June 1 student will be refunded 50% of the pre-payment. After June 1 there are no refunds of the prepayment.
- Students cancelling due to unforeseen circumstances may appeal the forfeit of their prepayment by submitting their appeal and supporting documentation through their cancellation request in Manage My Housing.
Cancelling after student has moved in:
- Once cancellation has been submitted, the student will be emailed a detailed letter on the fees associated with breaking their contract.
- A student may choose to appeal these fees by uploading an appeal letter and supporting documentation to their Housing Cancellation Request.
- The appeals committee meets monthly and will review the information provided by the student.
- The student will receive an email with the committee's decision within 2 business days of the committee meeting.
- Fees will be assessed after student has checked out.
All fall semester residents have signed an academic year contract (both Fall and Spring semesters).
The following are potential fees based upon cancellation reason:
- Students Transferring to another University with proper documentation (acceptance letter & class schedule)
- Exchange Students, enlisting in Military during the semester, Study Abroad
- December Graduates
One Month Fee:
- Not Enrolled
- Students Transferring to another University without proper documentation
Full Term Fee:
- Still Enrolled/Moving off-campus
***Cancellation fees are in addition to charges for length of stay on campus, charges are prorated per night after checkout. Resident Directors determine charges for damage to the room and/or improper checkouts.
The 2021/2022 housing application will open February 1, 2021.
Room selection will be held March 22-26, 2021.
Check back January 2021 for more details!