- Admission to UTC
- Graduation from an accredited diploma or associate degree nursing program with 2.0 GPA or higher
- Current RN license
- Practicing as RN
For a printable checklist see the Gateway Applicant Guide.
- Contact a program advisor by calling 423-425-5624 or emailing email@example.com to discuss the courses you'll need.
- Apply to the University using the online application well in advance of the admission
deadlines. Apply by November 1 to start classes the following January, or June 15 to start in August. There is a $30 application fee. You will apply as a Transfer student unless you have a previous Bachelor’s degree (then you apply as Post-Bac). Please choose “RN-BSN Nursing” as your major. If you have previously attended UTC you will apply as a “Transfer Readmission” and do not need to pay the fee (just hit submit when you get to the last page).
Apply to the University
- Ask your high school and colleges to send official transcripts to UTC Undergraduate
Admissions, Dept. 5105, 615 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37403.
- Complete the online Gateway application to apply to the program.
Apply to Gateway Program