- Admission to UTC
- Graduation from an accredited diploma or associate degree nursing program with 2.0 GPA or higher
- Current RN license
- Practicing as RN
For a printable checklist see the Gateway Applicant Guide.
- Contact a program advisor by calling 423-425-5624 or emailing email@example.com to discuss the courses you'll need.
- Apply to the University using the online application well in advance of the admission
deadlines. Apply by November 15 to start classes the following January, or June 15 to start in August. There is a $30 application fee. You will apply as a Transfer student unless you have a previous Bachelor’s degree (then you apply as Post-Bac). Please choose “RN-BSN Nursing” as your major. If you have previously attended UTC you will apply as a “Transfer Readmission” and do not need to pay the fee (just hit submit when you get to the last page).
Apply to the University
- Ask your high school and colleges to send official transcripts to UTC Undergraduate
Admissions, Dept. 5105, 615 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37403.
- Complete the online Gateway application to apply to the program.
Apply to Gateway Program