Students seeking admission into the Nurse Anesthesia Program must meet the admission requirements of both the Graduate School and the UTC School of Nursing Nurse Anesthesia Program.
Applicants must have the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree or a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree from College or School of Nursing accredited by NLN or CCNE and a regionally accredited college or university.
- RN Licensure (valid and unencumbered in Tennessee or in a state that participates in the eNLC with a multistate designation)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or above from all undergraduate degrees earned.
- A minimum undergraduate science GPA of 3.0 calculation which includes all biology, chemistry, physics, anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology courses that have been completed by the applicant.
- Official GRE scores, exam taken in past five years; a minimum combined score in the verbal and quantitative sections of 300 is suggested. Applicants holding an MSN degree are not required to submit GRE scores unless the undergraduate cumulative GPA is less than 3.0. We suggest that the GRE be taken by May 1st.
- At least two years of recent (within the last five years) full-time critical care nursing experience before starting the program.
- Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS (PALS not required to apply but needs to be achieved by January.)
Nurses applying to the DNP Nurse Anesthesia Concentration select their desired location, i.e., Chattanooga, Tennessee or Tupelo, Mississippi. Those selecting the Tupelo site at North Mississippi Medical Center (NMMC) will be in Chattanooga semesters 2 and 3 of the program. The remaining two years of course work and clinical practicum courses are completed at the NMMC in Tupelo. Didactic courses from that point are provided via long-distance education modalities.
- To apply, applicants must apply to the Graduate School online. Please ensure all transcripts and GRE scores are sent to and received by the Graduate School.
Apply to the Graduate School
- Applicants must also submit an online application to the School of Nursing.
Apply to the School of Nursing
Applicant Selection Process
Admission decisions will be sent to applicants, via email, two to four weeks following completion of the interview process. Individuals selected for admission must accept their seat through the acceptance email within 5 day of notification. The deadline for this notification is provided in the acceptance letter.
If a candidate accepts the offered slot in the program, a $1,000.00 non-refundable matriculation fee (a seat fee) is required to secure the candidate’s position in the program by either cashier’s check or money order. No personal checks are accepted. This matriculation fee is applied to your first semester’s tuition.
Want to learn more?
In this recorded Information Session, Dr. Linda Hill gives insights on Nurse Anesthesia at UTC, the interview process, and how to choose the best program for you.
For any additional questions, please contact:
Dr. Linda Hill
Coordinator, Nurse Anesthesia Concentration