Accelerated BSN Admission
Admission to Accelerated BSN Program
(for non-RNs with a bachelor's degree in another discipline)
Students who have completed a bachelor's degree in another discipline may apply to the Accelerated Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program. The program accepts a class every semester (fall, spring, and summer). Candidates must make a formal application for May 1 for August (fall) admission, September 1 for January (spring) admission, December 1 for May (summer) Admission, and . To complete the ABSN Application, applicants must be admitted to UTC.
Enrollment in the ABSN is limited and the number of qualified applicants exceed the number of students who can be admitted. Meeting minimum requirements for admission does not guarantee acceptance.
- Completion with a C or better (may have 2 in progress) the following coursework: English Composition I and II, Statistics, Chemistry with a Lab, Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, and Psychology
- Pre-requisite coursework GPA of 2.75 (calculated on English Composition I and II, Statistics, Chemistry with a Lab, Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, and Psychology).
- 3.0 GPA in last 30 hours of coursework in previous Bachelor's degree
- Submit a current resume that includes:
- Professional or work experience
- Campus or community activities
- Academic and other honors received
- Volunteer activities or work experience in a health care environment
Acceptance of transfer and substitute credits in nursing to meet requirements of the curriculum will be determined by the School of Nursing faculty. Students seeking to transfer into the BSN Nursing program at UTC will not be allowed to transfer into the BSN Nursing program with any nursing course grade lower than a C. Transfer students must meet the same standards as other students in the program.
Candidates will receive written notification of their admission status. Candidates who are accepted for admission must complete and pass a background check and drug screen before being fully admitted. Individuals who are not accepted for a given cohort, and who desire to be considered for the next cohort must reapply.
Email April Anderson or phone