Checking in after Sunday, August 16th - Please report to your complex office
Sign Up for a Check-in Appointment through
Manage My Housing, select "Operation Move In"
1-Clear your Immunization Hold
Student Vaccination Requirement
A meningitis vaccination is required by law for all students living in the residence halls. Before a student will be issued their key at move-in, immunization records must be on file with University Health Services. For more information please visit University Health Services
2-Sign Move In Agreement and Contract Addendum
Copies of the forms will be emailed to the students MOCs email account after signing. You may also view the documents on our Housing Policies page.
3-Select Check-in Appointment
A limited number of students are permitted per timeslot. If plans change you can cancel your appointment and pick another one.
4-New Students: Submit Photo for MOCs ID
New students will need to submit their photo online through the MOCs Card office for it to be printed and ready for pick-up at check-in.
5-Complete COVID Screening form
Within 3 days of your check in appointment, please complete the COVID-19 Risk Assessment/ Screening Form through Medicat. At this time, a negative test is not required for students to check-in (updated 7/29/20).
6-Print Fast Pass
Available after COVID screening has been reviewed and approved. Log in to Manage My Housing, click Operation Move In to print your fast pass.
On your move in day:
1-Check Up: Verify you and your move in team are ready to be on campus:
If within the last fourteen (14) days, you or a member of your move in team were:
- Positive for COVID-19;
- Symptomatic for COVID-19;
- Exposed (close contact) to a known case of COVID-19 / someone positive for COVID-19;
- Potentially exposed to a known case of COVID-19 / someone positive for COVID-19;
- Have traveled internationally or via cruise ship.
Do not come to campus. You must report the specifics of your situation. Once submitted, please await instructions from the university for next steps.
2-Check In at your complex office
See maps below for office location
3-Unload at your Residence Hall
- Park according to UTC parking pass.
- A limited number of moving carts are available for checkout, however we suggest you bring your own cart/dolly.
- Please do not park in the street, in Handicap spots or Fire Lanes (you will be towed/ticketed).
- Street parking is operated by the City of Chattanooga. Meters are free after 6pm Monday-Saturday and on Sunday.
4-Unpack and get settled
- Take all trash to the dumpsters, do not pile items in the hallways.
- Dumpsters are available at each complex, please recycle in the blue bins.
- Residents not checked in by Monday, August 17th (first day of class) are considered "No Shows" and will have their assignment cancelled. Any student arriving after the first day of class or later needs to contact their Resident Director letting them know to avoid cancellation and fees.
- After your move in day, off-campus guests are no longer permitted
Click your building name below for specific maps.
Things to coordinate with roommates:
- Small kitchen appliances: Toaster, Coffee Maker, Toaster Oven, etc.
- Pots, pans, dishes and ice trays
- Living room & bedroom TV’s
- Cable cord
- Shower curtain & curtain rings
- Couch cover - sizes vary, may want to purchase after move in
- Cleaning Supplies: vacuum, mop, broom, disinfectants, etc..
- Gaming Systems
- Mattress Topper
- Bed risers (lofting is not permitted)
- Laundry basket and detergent
- Bike & Bike Lock
- Safe/Lock box
- Curtains and spring rod
- Scented Plug Ins
- Finishing Nails/Thumb Tacks to hang decorations
- Organizational bins and drawers
Command Hooks and Self Adhesive hooks are not permitted as of July 2019.
Mini-fridges are not permitted in residence halls.
Drugs (possession of illegal drugs may result in removal of housing and loss of any fees that have been paid)
Alcohol (UTC is a dry campus)
Candles or candle warmers and Incense
Large knives (kitchen knives only)
Gas or charcoal grills
Dumpsters are available at every building.
Please breakdown ALL boxes.
Recycling stations are located at Lockmiller, Walker/UCF, Johnson Obear and West Campus.
IT Knowledgebase here: https://blog.utc.edu/it-knowledge-base/
Wireless connection for students: https://blog.utc.edu/it-knowledge-base/category/network/utc-network/
All Housing Policies apply to all students residing on campus and at the Sheraton Read House. Housing policies were established to maintain a healthy environment that is supportive of academic and extra-curricular growth. It is your responsibility to abide by these regulations while at UTC. Please view the Student Handbook for more specific information. Housing and Residence Life’s judicial process will be enacted when a student is not complying with the stated policies.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga has been offering the Residence Hall Linen program since 1993. The selection is larger than you will find anywhere else, at prices that are budget-friendly. Best of all, every Residence Hall Linens product available through OCM is guaranteed to fit and guaranteed to last from move-in all the way to graduation. Extra-long sheets, extra-long mattress pads, extra-long comforters, pillows, décor and storage solutions and all other products are backed by this guarantee. And using the OCM.com website is EASY!
Check out the website at www.utc.ocm.com
All new and current students are invited to participate in a fifteen day Welcome Week program that allows all students the opportunity to transition into the fall easily while having fun!
UTC meal plans are effective Monday, August 10th. Please visit MOCs Dining Services for hours of operation.
Should you decide to drive/park on-campus, you will still need a virtual permit. These can be purchased through Parking Services.
CARTA, Chattanooga’s transit/bus system, is available throughout Chattanooga and surrounding cities. All rides are free with your UTC ID (Mocs Card). Electric Shuttle downtown is available to anyone.
Here are some local retail stores for your convenience.
501 Signal Mountain Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37405 - 4.4 miles
3550 Cummings Hwy, Chattanooga, TN 37419 - 7.4 miles
490 Greenway View Dr, Chattanooga, TN 37411 - 6.5 miles
2020 Gunbarrel Rd Ste 250, Chattanooga, TN 37421 - 12.2 miles
5764 Highway 153, Hixson, TN 37343 - 9.6 miles
5579 Highway 153, Hixson, TN 37343 - 9.1 miles
1816 Gunbarrel Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37421 - 11.7 miles
400 North Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37405 - 1 mile
1600 E 23rd St, Chattanooga, TN 37404 - 2.8 miles
4011 Brainerd Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37411 - 4.3 miles
703 Signal Mountain Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37405 - 4.7 miles
110 N Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37405 - 1.6 miles
3605 Brainerd Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37411 - 3.7 miles
2010 Mccallie Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37404 - 2 miles
2303 E 23rd St, Chattanooga, TN 37407 - 3.5 miles
511 Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37402 - 1 mile
119 N Market St, Chattanooga, TN 37405 - 1.7 miles
Hamilton Place Mall
2100 Hamilton Pl Blvd, Chattanooga, TN 37421 - 12.2 miles
271 Northgate Mall Dr, Hixson, TN 37415 - 7.6 miles