Resident Assistant Application Process
The Resident Assistant position is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have on campus. This position provides an opportunity to meet new people, make a difference in the lives of others, and teach you skills for your future. As an RA, you will have an opportunity to graduate with a unique skill set and memories that will last a lifetime!
There are several required components of the Resident Assistant application process – please see below for more information! An application is not considered finalized until all four pieces are completed.
- Complete a 2018-2019 Resident Assistant Application, including three completed reference forms.
- Complete an individual RA interview with current residence life staff members.
- You may schedule this interview online as part of your RA application. Interviews for Spring 2018 positions will be held in mid-November, and interviews for Fall 2018 positions will be held in January.
- Once individual interviews are completed, those students selected to continue in the process will be invited to our group process class. More information about group process will be provided upon completion of individual interviews.
- Attend a Resident Assistant information session. Dates and times are listed below.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time, UTC degree-seeking student for each semester of employment (12-18 credits for undergraduate, 9 credits for graduate)
- One semester of on-campus living experience and 24 credit hours earned by the first day of employment. The semester of on campus experience can be completed at any university.
- Must have a conduct record in good standing with the university(applications are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis)
- Must have a 2.3 GPA to apply - should you drop below a 2.3 semester or cumulative GPA prior to your start date, your job offer will be rescinded.
Dates and Deadlines
October 10th 6pm – Johnson Obear Community Room
October 12th 6pm – UCF Activity Room
October 18th 6pm – Raccoon Mountain Room
October 23rd 6pm - Raccoon Mountain Room
November 1st 6pm – Raccoon Mountain Room
January 10th 6pm - UCF Activity Room
Spring 2018 Applicant Timeline
|Spring 2018 RA Application Opens||October 6, 2017|
|Spring 2018 Applications due||November 3, 2017|
|RA individual Interviews||November 14, 2017|
|Reference Forms Due||November 14, 2017|
|Offer Letters Emailed||November 17, 2017|
|Deadline to accept offer||November 21, 2017|
Fall 2018 Applicants
|Fall 2018 Application Opens||October 6, 2017|
|Fall 2018 Applications Due||January 16, 2018|
|Reference Forms Due||January 23, 2018|
|Returning RA Interviews||February 5-9, 2018|
|New RA Interviews||February 13, 2018|
|RA Group Process||February 17, 2018 (Saturday)|
|Offer Letters Emailed||March 2, 2018|
|Deadline to Accept Offer||March 9, 2018|
|Fall 2018 RA Orientation||April 7, 2018 (Saturday)|
Application available through MocSync!