Resident Assistant Application Process
The Resident Assistant position is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have on campus. This position provides an opportunity to meet new people, make a difference in the lives of others, and teach you skills for your future. As an RA, you will have an opportunity to graduate with a unique skill set and memories that will last a lifetime!
There are several required components of the Resident Assistant application process. An application is not considered finalized until all four pieces are completed:
- Complete a 2019-2020 Resident Assistant Application, including three completed reference forms.
- Complete an individual RA interview with current residence life staff members.
- You may schedule this interview online as part of your RA application. Interviews for Spring 2019 positions will be held in mid-November, and interviews for Fall 2019 positions will be held in February.
- Once individual interviews are completed, those students selected to continue in the process will be invited to our group process class. More information about group process will be provided upon completion of individual interviews.
- Attend a Resident Assistant information session. Dates and times are listed below.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time, UTC degree-seeking student for each semester of employment (12-18 credits for undergraduate, nine credits for graduate)
- One semester of on-campus living experience and 24 credit hours earned by the first day of employment. The semester of on campus experience can be completed at any university.
- Must have a conduct record in good standing with the university(applications are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis)
- Must have a 2.3 GPA to apply. If you drop below a 2.3 semester or cumulative GPA prior to your start date, your job offer will be rescinded.
- Staff members are expected to attend all training sessions, staff meetings (Thursdays, 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. during the academic year) and other meetings requested by the Housing and Residence Life staff.
- Staff members are expected to remain registered as full-time students at UTC in good academic standing (2.3 overall and semester GPA)
- Staff members are not permitted to take on any off campus employment. Academic related paid internships are allowed with prior approval. All exceptions must be previously approved by the Director of Housing or his/her designee.
If you have any questions or for more information contact your Resident Director.
Dates and Deadlines
Spring 2019 Applicant Timeline
|Spring 2019 RA Application Opens||Oct. 2, 2018|
|Spring 2019 Applications due||Nov. 5, 2018|
|RA individual Interviews||No. 15, 2018|
|Reference Forms Due||Nov. 15, 2018|
|Offer Letters Emailed||Nov. 20, 2018|
|Deadline to accept offer||Nov. 27, 2018|
Fall 2019 Applicants
|Fall 2019 Application Opens||Oct. 2, 2018|
|Fall 2019 Applications Due||Jan. 16, 2019|
|Reference Forms Due||Jan. 23, 2019|
|Returning RA Interviews||Feb. 4-8, 2019|
|New RA Interviews||Feb. 11-12, 2019|
|RA Group Process||Saturday, Feb. 16, 2019|
|Offer Letters Emailed||March 1, 2019|
|Deadline to Accept Offer||March 8, 2019|
|Fall 2019 RA Orientation||Saturday, April 6, 2019|
Application available through MocSync.