The Resident Assistant position is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have on campus. This position provides an opportunity to meet new people, make a difference in the lives of others, and teach you skills for your future. As an RA, you will have an opportunity to graduate with a unique skill set and memories that will last a lifetime!
Resident Assistant Info Sessions:
Monday, November 20th from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM in The Aviary
Tuesday, November 28th from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM in West Campus Multi-Purpose Room
Tuesday, January 9th from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM in West Campus Multi-Purpose Room
Wednesday, January 10th from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM in The Aviary at Stacy Town Center
Resident Assistant Application:
The RA application for the 2024-2025 academic year is closed.
Professional References are an optional component of the RA Application and will be considered by the Student Staff Selection Committee. All professional references must be submitted by a UTC Faculty or Professional Staff Member, who will sign in using UTC credentials upon submission. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ask for a reference to be submitted on their behalf. TO be considered, professional references must be submitted by Monday, January 22nd at 5:00 PM at this link: https://forms.office.com/r/YTcvfGtcJz
- The RA position is a commitment for one full academic year (August to May) and RAs should commit to work for the entire year. Unforeseen circumstances may arise, but staff and applicants are asked to make a good faith declaration not to study abroad, graduate, or leave the University during an academic year. RAs may be reappointed at the discretion of the Department.
- RAs must have completed one full academic year at an institution of higher education.
- RAs must have and maintain a semester and cumulative 2.5 GPA, on the date of application, the start of employment, and the conclusion of each semester of employment.
- RAs must maintain a full-time course load of at least 12 credit hours (undergrad) or 9 credit hours (graduate) while employed as an RA.
- RAs must not have an active conduct status or be a respondent in a current conduct case from the time of application until employment is terminated.
- RAs do not need to have lived in a residence hall on any campus before. RAs can be of either undergraduate or graduate status.
- RAs must pass a criminal background check, be fingerprinted, and complete payroll paperwork prior to start of employment.
Staff members are expected to attend all training sessions and staff meetings (Thursdays from 8-10 p.m. during the academic year).
Staff members are expected to remain registered as full-time students at UTC in good academic standing (2.5 overall and semester GPA).
Staff members are permitted to take on up to 10 hours of any other employment, internships or engagement with Resident Director approval. Beyond 10 hours must be approved by an Assistant Director.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected].