Current Student FAQs

Laundry is included in the rent for each semester, students will use their ID card to gain access to the laundry room.  This also applies to the Decosimo apartment on South Campus.  All other South Campus Apartments have washers and dryers in the units.  Students living in Hotel will be granted access to the laundry facilities on North Campus.
Only fish in a tank no larger than 10 gallons are allowed. Trained seeing-eye or hearing animals are allowed. Other animals are not permitted inside the Residence Halls/Apartments.

Please report to your complex office when you arrive to complete necessary paperwork. Resident Assistants (RA's) will be available throughout the weekend to assist you. Students that are participating in an organization that requires early arrival, such as Football or Band, please contact the appropriate person from that office for details regarding move in.

All complexes are fully furnished. You will need to bring bedding:

  • Extra long twin (36" x 80") for Boling, Johnson Obear, Lockmiller and Stagmaier
  • Private bedrooms on South Campus are full size (Decosimo, Stophel, UCF and Walker) and also North Campus Lockmiller (2 person room only)
  • Regular length twin for shared rooms in Decosimo, Guerry and Stophel

Linens, dishes, towels, cleaning supplies, electronic equipment (televisions), are not provided. If this is your first time away from home, less is better! Communicate with your roommates on who will bring kitchen/living room items before you arrive. 

North Campus Complex Information

South Campus Complex Information 

Weapons, drugs (possession of illegal drugs may result in removal of housing and loss of any fees that have been paid), alcohol, halogen lamps, candles, gas or charcoal grills, incense, and animals are not allowed. The best rule of thumb is, if you are not sure it is allowed, either do not bring it or call us beforehand. Please do not use 2 sided sticky tapes for personalizing of your room. At South Campus Place, you may use small nails and in Boling, Johnson Obear,  Lockmiller and Stagmaier you may use removable adhesive putty.
Everyone is allowed to bring their own car and to purchase parking passes to any of the available lots on campus. Contact Parking Services at (423) 425-4051 or Parking Services Website for more information.
Housing closes for winter break and students are not permitted to stay on campus during this time. Click here for more information.
***Housing is open for all other breaks.
Building and roommate preferences are not guaranteed and are subject to availability.

Please read your housing contract carefully!

By default, all housing contracts are for the academic year (Fall and Spring semester). Our policy states:

“CANCELLATION (Resident):  Housing facilities are rented for the academic year beginning on the Commencement Date and ending on the Expiration Date. No Resident may withdraw from the housing except in case of extreme necessity and approved by the University. Cancellation of registration or academic suspension does not automatically release the Resident from the contract. Subletting by the Resident is not permitted. Students should submit their request to break their nine month housing contract by filling out the "Housing Cancellation Request" form located through Manage My Housing. Residents who are permitted to break their housing contract will be subject to a fee.”

As discussed above,you will need to log into your Manage My Housing and submit a "Housing Cancellation Request" if you wish to submit a request to break your contract. If you are approved by our office to break your contract, in most cases a housing fee equivalent to one month's rent will still be assessed for all upperclassmen.

Freshmen Only: Furthermore, your contract explains the residential requirements governing freshmen, and it reads:

RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS:  All first year Freshmen are required to live on campus.  Students may apply for an exception if they:  live within a 45 mile radius, are married and / or have a child(ren), have medical condition preventing them from living in a campus environment.”

Freshmen requesting to be released from Housing must remember that they are required to live on campus for one academic year. Freshmen withdrawing from housing will be assessed a fee for terminating your contract. Fee charges will be the equivalent to the remaining monies due on your housing contract for the academic year. If you have any questions, please call us so we can provide any additional information you may need to make an informed decision: (423) 425-4304.

Since you are using Internet Explorer follow the instructions below:

Click the Wingnut in the top right corner

Click “Internet Options”

Click “Privacy” tab

Click Advanced

Check Box “Override automatic cookie handling”

Click “Accept” under First Party Cookies

Click “Prompt” under Third-Party Cookies

Check Box “Always allow session cookies”

Click OK

Click Apply

Click OK

Now, return to your application, go back one step and then forward again. You should now be able to continue through the payment step.