Summer Intern Housing
You can live on campus even if you aren’t taking classes this summer.
Summer intern housing is available to UTC students and students at other universities who are interning at a local company.
Our housing is a convenient option if you scored an internship in Chattanooga and need somewhere to stay temporarily, late May - July.
- Complete online application.
- *For a smooth check-in, submit your application at least two weeks prior to your requested check-in date.
- Invoice and contract will be emailed to intern within three - four business days of submitting application
- Intern will:
- mail in money order and signed invoice/contract;
- email photo ID to email@example.com;
- email verification of enrollment at current university;
- All must be received five business days prior to move in.
- Receipt, assignment and check-in details will be emailed to you within two days.
- UTC staff will prepare a UTC affiliate ID for swipe access into the building. Intern will receive their ID at check-in.
All interns live in Decosimo Apartments. Your roommates are other interns or summer school residents.
If you are requesting to have an apartment all to yourself, you will have to rent all four bedrooms in the apartment. All residents should expect to have roommates (you’ll still have a private bedroom) while living in UTC housing facilities unless the entire apartment is “bought out.”
Decosimo Apartments require swipe card access which will be given to you through a temporary access card and this process will be coordinated through Housing and Residence Life.
$28 per night/per person
Sunday, May 14, 2019 - Sunday, July 28, 2019
- Report to the complex office when you arrive on your check-in date to check in (receive your key and ID card).
- Schedule a checkout time with the housing staff on your designated checkout date. Staff will inspect your empty/vacant room and collect your key.
Summer parking information can be found at UTC Parking Services
* Parking is not included with housing fee.
- 123,000 square ft. Aquatic and Recreation Center
- Secure access to ARC & Maclellan Gym
- Lounge space
- Basketball/volleyball/soccer courts at the ARC and multi-purpose courts at Maclellan Gym
- Indoor track
- Day use locks and lockers
- Fitness classes
- Fitness floor with cardio and weight machines, as well as, free weights
- 5 lap lanes
- Hot tub
- 2 story water slide
- Access to Intramural sports
- Access to Outdoor Programming equipment trips and rentals
- Bouldering wall and climbing tower
- Not a current UTC Student
- Must be living on-campus (18+ years old) in the residence halls that are associated with camps, conferences or internships (youth summer camp participants are not eligible)
Summer Housing Resident Pricing:
Check our website at UTC Aquatic and Recreation Center for accurate pricing.
- Up-to-date Campus Recreation facility hours can be found at Campus Rec Hours.
Stop by the Campus Recreation office in the Aquatic and Recreation Center from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday to join.
Cash, Check, Visa or MasterCard accepted!
Feel free to contact us via email at CampusRec@utc.edu or via phone at 423.425.4213.
UTC is only a few blocks from the city center of Chattanooga. With thriving tech, start-up, foodie, outdoors and art scenes, the city has something for everyone.
I understand that I am responsible for the temporary access card and the replacement of the card should I lose it. (Replacement cost is $20)
I understand that I am responsible for the entire rent assessment for the dates I list in advance that I will reside in UTC Housing facilities ($28 person/night). Should I make the decision to vacate the housing prior to my planned check out date, I understand that no refund will be given.
I understand that if I wish to extend my stay longer than what was initially paid for I must notify the housing office and pay the additional fee 5 business days before my originally scheduled check out date.
Rent assessment for your entire stay is due in advance through a Money Order only. Payment must be received 5 business days prior to check in.
Please mail Money Order to:
Attn: Summer Intern Housing
615 McCallie Avenue, Dept. 2202
Chattanooga, TN 37403
Carling Wilson - Assistant Director for Occupancy Management
Main Housing Office (423) 425-4304
By filling out the below form, the above terms are accepted for Accommodations and Responsibility; I consent to the use of electronic records and agree to all policies and procedures - as they apply to me - of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
An email will be sent to you confirming receipt of application and payment.