Scholarships and Financial Aid
In-State and Out-of-State Classification
Regional Tuition Credit applies to entry-level DPT students who are residents of Catoosa, Dade, Fannin, Murray, Walker, and Whitfield counties in Georgia and Jackson county in Alabama. Eligible students pay a tuition rate equal to in-house fees plus 25 percent of out of state tuition. Current regional tuition rates are available from the Bursar's Office.
The Physical Therapy Department offers a limited number of scholarships on a yearly basis to admitted physical therapy students. Application information will be distributed to accepted and returning students in early August. Scholarships are awarded during the first weeks of the fall semester.
Scholarships based primarily on financial need
- Physical Therapy Alumni Scholarship Endowment:
- Physical Therapy Scholarship Fund: Eligibility: DPT 1, DPT 2, or DPT 3
- Benchmark DPT 1: Eligibility: DPT 1
- The Bryson Family Endowed Scholarship in Physical Therapy: Eligibility: DPT 1 (first-generation college student preferred)
- J. Randy Walker, Jr. Physical Therapy Scholarship
Scholarships based primarily on scholarship/merit
- Benchmark DPT 2: Eligibility: DPT 2
- Benchmark DPT 3: Eligibility: DPT 3
Amber Heaven Maria Blockey Scholarship
- Preference for this scholarship is given to first year students and/ or students with a demonstrated community involvement; financial need may be considered
Amy Mildram Scholarship for Pediatric Physical Therapy
- This scholarship is awarded annually to a graduating third year student exhibiting special interest in the area of pediatric physical therapy.
Champion Physical Therapy Endowed Scholarship
- Primary preference to students who received their undergraduate degree in kinesiology at UTK: Eligibility: DPT 1, DPT 2, or DPT 3
Drs. Troy and Julie Bage Annual Physical Therapy Scholarship
- Primary preference is given to a student with an interest in manual therapy. Other consideration is given to students showing financial need, first generation college graduate, and/or career change.
John and Ruth Craven Physical Therapy Scholarship
The PT faculty support the philosophy of the UTC Financial Aid Office. The educational opportunities of qualified students should not be controlled by their financial resources. Students are encouraged to contact the UTC Financial Aid office directly for additional information regarding financial aid opportunities.
Because a full-time course load is required each semester of the program, students are discouraged from seeking outside employment. In addition to the resources offered through UTC Financial Aid, students have been awarded graduate assistantships, fellowships and external scholarships which include:
UTC Graduate Assistantships
A limited number of students in the second and third years of the program are selected each year for part-time graduate assistantships in the program. The assistantships include partial tuition waiver and a stipend.
Additional information about scholarships and financial aid for physical therapy students may be obtained from the American Physical Therapy Association. (APTA) Make sure to take a look at their newsletter and subscribe to be in the know as to what APTA offers.