Accepted students must also apply to the UTC Graduate School using the UTC Graduate School Application.
Information on program costs & scholarships and financial aid.
A $1,000.00 non-refundable deposit is required for accepted applicants. The deposit will be due within 10 business days of receiving an offer from the program. For students who enroll in the program, this $1,000.00 will be applied to the first semester's tuition.
Accepted applicants must achieve the following for program matriculation:
- Earn a bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited institution prior to beginning the professional program. Degree completion is not required to apply.
- Maintain a minimum of 3.2/4.0 cumulative and science prerequisite GPA.
- Provide evidence of completing all twelve program prerequisites with a minimum grade of "C" prior to entering the professional program.
- Manually update fall course grades and In Progress courses in PTCAS. Provide a copy of all updated transcripts to PTCAS by the Academic Update deadline. Instructions for PTCAS Academic Update can be found on the PTCAS web site.
- Submit updated transcripts for fall and spring courses to the UTC Graduate School by June 1 and also in August, if taking summer courses. Do not send spring transcripts to PTCAS.
Proof of first aid and CPR certification
Admitted students must show proof of having previously completed a First Aid course as well as a CPR course. (Current certification is not necessary.) Entering students will be re-certified in August as part of orientation.
Immunization and Health Forms
Information on required forms may be found here. Accepted students must complete and submit the UTC Certificate of Immunization (proof of measles vaccination) before they will be permitted to register for coursework.
Recognized exemptions from immunizations include being enrolled in a program that is exclusively online or at an off-campus site, medical contraindications, and religious objections. If you are enrolled in on-line only courses with no experiential component, or in a dual enrollment program exclusively offered on the site of a local education authority or secondary school, you and your academic advisor must sign the On-Line Only Immunization Exemption Waiver. To determine how to apply for exemptions, please review UTC University Health Services website under “Exemptions.” Note that students enrolled in any allied health professions program such as nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy or athletic training may not have the same exceptions to immunization requirements under certain circumstances.
Criminal Background Checks
Our department requires criminal background checks and/or drug tests for all accepted students in order to verify an individual’s suitability to participate in experiential education rotations and to ensure patient safety. Do not complete a background check until you are requested to do so by the DPT program.