Forms and Processes

student speaks to mentor at resume week

All paper forms may be scanned and emailed.

Completed forms can be scanned and emailed to

Have you already submitted an online form?

Check the status or print completed forms →


Enrollment Verifications

  • Enrollment Verification:(Dynamic Form)

    • This form is submitted via electronic signature until the first week of the semester. After the first week, enrollment is verified by the National Student Clearinghouse.

  • Letter of Academic Standing(Dynamic Form)

    • Also known as a "transient letter.” This form has recently been updated to be submitted via electronic signature and submission. Log in when prompted and continue to the electronic form.

Back to List

General Academic Forms

  • Program/Minor/Catalog Year Change Request: (Dynamic Form)

    • Select the category that reflects your status and follow the steps outlined. Processing of submissions may take up to five business days before the change will show in the student's MyMocsNet and MyMocsDegree accounts.
  • Application for Academic Forgiveness: (PDF)
    • The University maintains an academic forgiveness policy for courses taken at any institution, including UTC. The policy allows for the removal of previous coursework from the calculation of the student’s grade point averages and from consideration for fulfillment of all University requirements. 

Back to List

Registration Forms and Processes

  • Individual Studies Contract: (Dynamic Form)
    • This electronic form must be processed and submitted to the Registrar's Office by the registration drop/add deadline of each term.

    • Students with departmentally approved thesis proposals may email to request a 4995R contract.
  • Late Add Request form: (Dynamic Form)
    • This form is for undergraduate students (with less than 90 earned hours) submitting late add requests following the standard registration deadlines.
  • Senior and Graduate Student Registration Request: (Dynamic Form)
    • During the second week of the term, seniors (undergraduates with 90+ earned hours) and graduate level students may register for additional courses with instructor approval.
    • All closed classes, prerequisites and corequisites require online department head approval prior to registration.
  • Registration Approval Form

    • Monetary holds are applied by the Bursar's Office. If you have a hold for an outstanding balance and would like to register for classes, you will need to contact the Bursar's Office at 423-425-4781

Back to List

Petitions and Appeals

  • Undergraduate Student Petition: (Dynamic Form)

    • Petitions are reviewed by the Undergraduate Petitions Committee for:

      • Excess hours registration approval

      • Exception to last 24 hour residency requirement, exception to 60/64 hour residency requirement

      • Waiver of course

  • Petition for General Education Credit: (Dynamic Form)

    • Petitions for General Education requirements may be necessary for a course from another institution to satisfy a General Education requirement at UTC.

  • Appeal From Suspension or Dismissal: (Dynamic Form)
    • This online appeal must be submitted no later than one week prior to the beginning of classes for each term.

  • MyMocsDegree Petitions
    • Undergraduate major and minor course substitution petitions are entered by advisors or department representatives via MyMocsDegree. Students seeking a course substitution in their program of study should consult their advisor.

Back to List

Withdrawal Forms and Process

  • Request for an Exception to the Withdrawal Deadline: (Dynamic Form)

    • This online form must be accompanied by a personal statement by the student and detailed supporting documentation. This form requires a valid UTC ID login. If you no longer have an active UTC account, please email for further information. For standard withdrawals (NOT exceptions), refer to the Withdrawal Process.
  • Withdrawal Approval Form 

    • Monetary holds are applied by the Bursar's Office.  If you have a hold for an outstanding balance and would like to drop a Summer or Fall 2020 course, you will need to submit a Withdrawal Approval Request Form. Please contact the Bursar's Office at 423-425-4781 to start this process. 


 Back to List

Other Important Forms

  • Information Update: (Dynamic Form)
    • Name changes, date of birth corrections, and social security number corrections require supporting documentation. Address and phone number changes must be made via your MyMocsNet account.

*You may now request to use a preferred first name. A preferred first name is a name that you wish to be known by on campus. Click here to verify and update your preferred first name. Preferred first names are limited to alphabetical characters, apostrophes, periods and hyphens.

Back to List

Graduation Forms

Undergraduate and graduate students must apply for graduation online in MyMocsNet under the Academics Tab.

  • Diploma Mailing Request: For previous UTC graduates who have not yet received their diplomas, please complete this electronic form.
    • Diplomas will be delivered to graduates at the address listed on their graduation application a few weeks after graduation. If this address changes after the application is submitted, please notify the Office of the University Registrar at Diplomas for students with holds on their account will be stored in the Office of the University Registrar until the hold is cleared (More information on holds is available here).