All international students at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga must obtain health insurance to be protected against any potential health care costs while studying at UTC.
- All international students are automatically enrolled in the UTC Student Health Insurance.
- Enrollment into the insurance program occurs on a per semester basis.
- Complete Information about UTC Student Health Insurance is available at https://www.studenthealthprograms.com/
- The Health Insurance card can be printed from this website www.uhcsr.com/MyAccount (Click on Create Account and register with your First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth and UTC email.
- The health insurance fee is subject to change at the beginning of each academic year.
- Health insurance fee is lower in Summer than in Fall and Spring (Summer term is slightly shorter).
- The insurance coverage dates correspond to Program Start Date and Program End Date.
ESL students may request to waive the cost of the UTC student health insurance if they have obtained other insurance coverage before waiver request deadlines. The purchased insurance must meet the university mandated health coverage criteria as stated on the International Student Insurance Waiver Form. If ESL students select to purchase the alternative health insurance, they must submit: 1) a completed waiver request form (all students will receive an email with a link to an online form, 2) a proof of insurance (e.g. a copy of your insurance card, 3) a copy of your insurance policy/brochure.
Please click below to fill out the online waiver.