All international students at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga must obtain health insurance to be protected against any potential health care costs while studying at UTC.
- All international students are automatically enrolled in the UTC Student Health Insurance program.
- Insurance program enrollment occurs on a per semester basis.
- Complete Information about UTC Student Health Insurance is available here.
- Health Insurance cards can be printed here. (Click on "Create Account" and register with your first name, last name, date of birth and UTC email).
- The health insurance fee is subject to change at the beginning of each academic year.
- The health insurance fee is lower in Summer than in Fall and Spring, as the summer semester is slightly shorter.
- The insurance coverage dates correspond to program start date and program end date. Students are not covered during the breaks between terms.
ESL students may request to waive the cost of UTC student health insurance if they have obtained other insurance coverage before the waiver request deadline. The purchased insurance must meet the university-mandated health coverage criteria as stated on the International Student Insurance Waiver Form. If ESL students select to purchase alternative health insurance, they must submit: 1) a completed waiver request form (all students will receive an email with a link to an online form), 2) proof of insurance (e.g. a copy of their insurance card), 3) a copy of their insurance policy/brochure.
Please click below to fill out the online waiver.