UTC Policy-Disaster Planning and Preparedness
Per University of Tennessee System-Wide Policies on Safety & Health, the University has developed a comprehensive policy on Disaster Preparedness. This policy is to serve as a guide to operating procedures during times of potential or actual catastrophic events occurring on or in the proximity of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. In times of emergency, a coordinated flow of events can greatly reduce the incidence of bodily injury as well as monetary loss to the University.
- UTC Department of Safety and Risk Management is responsible for:
- The development, documentation, implementation and on-going management of the Emergency Management Plan.
- The program will include disasters, disturbances, hazardous materials incidents and inclement weather. Reviewing the plan annually and updating as necessary. Providing a method for testing the plan.
- The plan will include emergency chain of command, emergency contacts, evacuation routes, locations of first-aid facilities and public relations responsibilities.
- UTC Deans, Directors, and Department Heads are responsible for:
- Adoption and support of the University's Action Plan for Abnormal Conditions.
- Willing and active participation in annual testing when and where necessary.
- Making recommendations to the Department of Safety and Environmental Health for improvement to the most current plan.
- UTC Employees are responsible for:
- Complying with University Policies and Procedures in the event of abnormal conditions.
- Complying with all agencies and authorities during any event.