These petitions are reviewed by the Faculty Petitions Committee. There are four different categories that may be petitioned which include:
- Excess Hours (students who wish to enroll in more than 20 hours in a single semester)
- Exception to the Last 24 Hour Residency Requirement
- Waiver of Course
- Exception to 60/64 Hour Residency Requirement
Each category of petition requires specific types of documentation. Documents must be uploaded to the online petition so that everyone in the review process has sufficient information to make a decision.
Undergraduate Petition Workflow
- Student starts the petition and provides a statement along with the required documentation. The student will then route the petition to their academic advisor.
- Academic advisor will review the petition and approve or disapprove the request. The advisor routes the form to the student's program department head.
- Department Head approves or disapproves the petition.
- Petition is routed to the Faculty Petitions Committee for review.
- Once the committee renders a decision, the student will be emailed.
- If the petition is approved it will be applied in the student's MyMocsDegree soon after the committee meets.
Undergraduate Student Petition →
If a student or academic advisor makes an error entering the next participant's email the error can be corrected and a new email sent.
- First login using the "Check My Forms" link
- Click "Pending/Draft Forms"
- The appropriate petition will display. Find the correct contract and click "Manage Co-Signers" under the Action column.
- To edit the email, click the small pencil. Once saved, click "Re-send Email" to send the form to the correct email address.