These petitions provides students the opportunity to receive credit towards a specific General Education requirement for courses taken at other institutions. Some transfer courses appear to meet UTC's General Education standards, but do not have an exact equivalent among UTC's General Education courses.
Each petition must include:
- current MyMocsDegree Evaluation;
- course description for each course (from the appropriate college catalog); and
- course syllabus for each course (from student records or course instructor)
Petition for General Education Workflow:
- Student starts the petition and uploads course information and documentation. The petition will be routed to the student's academic advisor.
- Academic advisor will review the petition and documentation then route to the relevant general education department head and the student's program department head.
- Relevant General Education department head approves, disapproves, or refers to the General Education Committee.
- Program department head approves, disapproves, or refers to the General Education Committee.
- If both department heads approve, the petition is routed to the Office of the University Registrar for processing.
- Student will be notified when the petition is applied in MyMocsDegree.
- If either department head disapproves or refers to the committee, the petition will be routed to the General Education Committee for review.
- The student will be notified once the committee has rendered a decision. If approved, the petition will be applied in MyMocsDegree.
Petition for General Education →
If a student or academic advisor makes an error entering the next participant's email the error can be corrected and a new email sent.
- First login using the "Check My Forms" link
- Click "Pending/Draft Forms"
- The appropriate petition will display. Find the correct contract and click "Manage Co-Signers" under the Action column.
- To edit the email, click the small pencil. Once saved, click "Re-send Email" to send the form to the correct email address.