Important Information for Current International Students
As an F-1 visa student, you are required to see an international student advisor/Designated School Official (DSO) in certain situations.
Examples include, but are not limited to:
- If you want to drop below full-time
- If you change your major or minor
- If you change degree level
- If your program dates change (if you need an extension or graduate early)
- If you want to take a break from school or take a leave of absence
- If you travel outside the U.S.
- If you want to transfer to a new school
- If your address changes
- If you need to add dependents
- If you experience significant change in financial support
- If your immigration status changes
- If you want to work on- or off-campus (CPT/OPT)
- If you need support with cultural adjustment
Refer to the sections below for more information.