What is the International Mocs Ambassador Program?
The International Mocs Ambassador Program is an opportunity for international undergraduate students to shine. The first cohort of i-MAP ambassadors will be leaders in the effort to internationalize UTC and build bridges between Chattanooga and the world. In addition to making friends, attending special events, and sharing their cultures with the UTC community, ambassadors will document their memories and show off their school on the i-MAP Ambassadors blog.
Five (5) i-MAP ambassadorships are available to full-time F-1 international undergraduate students who have completed at least one semester of study at UTC. i-MAP ambassadors will receive a $500 grant once they complete all requirements. To apply, submit your online application here . A major application component is the “Why UTC?” Project, which you may read more about below.
Application period: Monday, September 28th to Friday, October 16th
Q & A sessions to be scheduled soon.
Who may join the International Mocs Ambassador Program?
- Full-time F-1 international undergraduate students who have completed at least one semester of study at UTC are eligible to apply.
- International students who are currently recipients of other scholarships are NOT eligible to apply.
- Students must maintain active F-1 status in order to receive the ambassadorship in April.
- Students must be registered for at least 12 credit hours.
- Students who are placed on a reduced course load after receiving the ambassadorship are NOT eligible to maintain it.
- Students whose records indicate Code of Conduct violations or Honor Code violations are NOT eligible to receive the ambassadorship.
- Students who violate the Code of Conduct or Honor Code after receiving the ambassadorship are NOT eligible to maintain it.
- Students must have a minimum 2.5 GPA at the time of application.
- Students whose GPA drops below 2.5 GPA after receiving the ambassadorship are NOT eligible to maintain it.
- Students must commit to attending extracurricular activities organized by the Center for Global Education.
- The activities may include International Tea Time, Global Spotlight, International Education Week, International Buddy Program events, Go Global programming, CGE field trips, and more.
- The details of this commitment will be described in the ambassadorship award letter.
“Why UTC?” Project
As part of your ambassadorship application, you must complete one of the following projects:
1) Record a three-minute video,
2) Create a short presentation,
3) Write an essay between 500 and 750 words in length,
4) Create a short animation, OR
5) Create a poster to explain what you enjoyed the most at UTC so far.
If you choose to create multimedia content, you will have to publish the content online first (e.g. through YouTube, Youku, etc.) and provide a link to it in the ambassadorship application. You will not be able to upload your content directly into the application portal.
If you require accommodations to complete this project, please email [email protected].
Requirements to Maintaining Membership in the UTC International Mocs Ambassador Program
- Complete a set of blog post that will be published on the CGE website, as well as the @utcglobal social media accounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much money do i-MAP ambassadors receive?
Ambassadors will receive a $500 grant — in addition to leadership experience and community engagement opportunities to benefit their academic, social, and professional growth. The ambassadorship may be renewable depending on student performance and funding availability.
- What is the deadline to submit the ambassadorship application?
The deadline to submit the ambassadorship application for Spring 2021 is October 16, 2020.
- How will I receive the ambassadorship grant?
The ambassadorship grant will be applied to your UTC student account at the end of the semester. The grant will be used to help you pay your tuition and university fees. You will still be responsible for any other tuition, university, housing, or meal plan fees that are not covered by your ambassadorship.
- How will the ambassadorship recipients be announced?
Ambassadorship recipients will receive a notification email and award letter.
- I have additional questions. Whom should I contact?
Please email [email protected], and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.