Get ready to complete your 2021-2022 FAFSA form.
- The FAFSA will be available on Oct. 1, 2020.
- The FAFSA will collect income information from the 2019 tax year.
It’s that time of year again. There’s a cool, crispness in the air, multi-colored leaves in the trees, football and pumpkin spice lattes have returned.
It’s time to fill out the FAFSA.
Lucky for you, we’re available throughout the month of October to help you fill out the FAFSA for the 2021-2022 academic year. This service is available to anyone, not just current students.
Join us as we kick off FAFSA Fridays by hosting a FAFSA Week. The week is Thursday through Friday, Oct. 1-2.
FAFSA Fridays will continue every Friday through the month of October. Stop by our Virtual Zoom and receive help from a FAFSA expert.
It is important to complete your FAFSA early as some funding is limited.
- Thursday, Oct. 1 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. Zoom: https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/93604579829
- Friday, Oct. 2 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. Zoom: https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/92068270549
- Friday, Oct. 9 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. Zoom: https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/99008806714
- Friday, Oct.16 10 a.m. -12 p.m. Zoom: https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/99701045155
- Friday, Oct. 23 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. Zoom: https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/99562698763
- Friday, Oct. 30 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. Zoom: https://tennessee.zoom.us/j/91415231584
Where: Financial Aid & Scholarships Virtual Zoom Meeting Room
*Each session will last approximately 20 minutes.
Before coming to FAFSA Fridays, students and parents will need to complete an FSA ID to sign the FAFSA electronically.
- Go to fsaid.ed.gov.
- Create your FSA ID (username and password).
- Provide personal information (make sure your social security number, date of birth and name match what’s on your government-issued social security card).
- Provide profile Information (confirm information you entered and provide additional information). Make sure your information is correct. Errors could result in a delay or problem receiving aid.
- Select/create challenge questions and answers.
- Review info and agree to terms.
- Verify your email address.
Here’s what to bring to FAFSA Fridays.
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your 2019 federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically.
If you are a dependent student, then your parent will also need to complete a portion of the FAFSA with the above information.