Renewable award of $4,000 per year for first-time freshmen.
To be eligible for this scholarship, first-time freshmen should first apply for admission. The next step is to apply for scholarships. Both applications are required for candidates to be considered for this scholarship.
Since funding is limited, consideration will only be given to students entering UTC in the fall semester and who meet the following criteria:
- UTC Admissions file (application, application fee, high school transcript, and ACT/SAT score) by December 1, 2021 (qualifying test scores/GPA must also be submitted to UTC Admissions by December 1, 2021 as well);
- 3.4 GPA and 25 ACT composite score (1200 SAT);
- Online scholarship application submitted by January 10, 2022.
Students may receive an additional $3,500 in Tennessee HOPE Lottery Scholarship funds, if eligible.
This scholarship cannot be stacked with other renewable scholarships or endowed scholarships offered through the UTC Financial Aid and Scholarships or Admissions offices.
Apply early. Scholarship funds are limited and the awarding process is competitive. Meeting the eligibility requirements does not guarantee a student will receive a scholarship. The best way to improve your candidacy is to submit all required materials as soon as possible.
- Renewal Terms and Conditions
It is the student's sole responsibility to print and/or save these terms and conditions for future reference. If you would like to share this with your UTC academic advisor, please do so. However, please keep in mind, your UTC academic advisor is Not Responsible for a student's financial aid and/or scholarships. Students should inquire with the Mocs One Center if questions arise.
This scholarship is renewable and you can receive up to a total of eight (8) semesters if the following terms and conditions are met. Accepting your award does not represent a binding commitment to attend UTC.
You must be enrolled at least full-time each Fall and Spring semester. Full-time is 12+ credit hours. If, during a Fall or Spring semester, you totally withdraw from classes, do not attend your classes, do not enroll in at least 12 credit hours, or transfer to another school, you forfeit the scholarship for ALL future semesters.
Your academic performance is reviewed at the end of each spring semester (within 1-2 weeks of official grades being released by the UTC Registrar). In addition to your UTC coursework, ANY/ALL college credit(s) earned while you were in high school Will Be considered in this review (i.e. dual enrollment or AP credits).
At the time of this review -
- You need 30 Overall Passed Hours at the end of your first Spring with UTC; 60 Overall Passed Hours at the end of your second Spring; and 90 Overall Passed Hours at the end of your third Spring. Your Overall Passed Hours are found on your Unofficial Transcript in your MocsNet on the AcademicsTab.
- Your Overall GPA must be at least a 3.250 to renew your Provost's Scholarship. Your Overall GPA is also found on your Unofficial Transcript in your MocsNet on the AcademicsTab.
There is not a reinstatement option for students who do not meet the renewal criteria.
We do offer an appeal for students with extreme personal or medical circumstances. The appeal can be submitted when one of the following occurred due to circumstances beyond the student's control. Regretfully, transferring to another school is an immediate forfeiture of any first-time student scholarship and Is Not appealable (i.e. Chancellor's, Provost's, Mocs, Transfer, Academic Service).
- You did not maintain the required cumulative GPA;
- You did not pass the required number of credit hours (or service/work hours);
- You have taken a fall or spring semester off and not attended classes;
- You have totally withdrawn from classes for the term, officially or unofficially.
Students should inquire with the Mocs One Center if questions arise.