The College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) Peer Tutors provide service to the College by supporting other students academically as they progress through rigorous classes. CECS Peer Tutors are compensated through an hourly wage at two-week intervals. Besides managing tutoring appointments, CECS Peer Tutors must also commit to on-going training to develop their instruction skills.
Now accepting applications for CECS Peer Tutors!
Eligibility and Important Information:
- CECS Peer Tutors must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA at UTC.
- CECS Peer Tutors must be committed to ongoing development. Prior to the academic year start, tutors will be engaged in a two-day paid training program. Throughout the school year, tutors will be part of a paid weekly team meeting. Additionally, tutors will be added to a Canvas/UTC Learn organization for communication and training purposes.
- CECS Peer Tutors can be scheduled for up to 10 hours per week, based on scheduled appointments.
- CECS Peer Tutors must have earned an A or B grade at UTC to serve as a tutor in a specific course.
- CECS Peer Tutors must have at least 30 hours of credit earned on their transcript.
- CECS Peer Tutors must be actively enrolled students and must be CECS majors.
- CECS Peer Tutors must provide the contact information of one CECS faculty member who can serve as a reference on the application.
- If you are an F1 graduate student, contact Lora Cook from International Student Services prior to applying to confirm your eligibility.