The college encourages students to take advantage of internship opportunities. Interning provides students with:
- practical experience,
- insight to potential jobs,
- the ability to network with employers,
- help them make career decisions even if the company may not have any full time positions available.
Interning helps employers gain experience with future employees, and helps in the selection of the best candidates for open positions. Finding motivated employees with a passion for the work they are hired to perform is difficult at best. Having the opportunity to “try out” future employees first can help make sure the correct employee is hired. Internship programs provide cost saving to a company by:
- reducing risk of hiring the wrong person is worth thousands,
- cost savings of recruiting to find good employees,
- Salary savings by training interns over new hires
A company interning CECS students are invited to join the CECS Career Fair on the first Wednesday of March and the first Wednesday of November every year. This is an excellent opportunity to meet students and staff in the CECS.
In addition, the college works closely with partnering companies to provide additional access to the students in the form of workshops, seminars and talking to classes.