The Career Development Coordinator and students at the College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) are thrilled to work with hiring organizations. Whether organizations are seeking an intern, an entry level employee, or a research partnership, we have a myriad of opportunities for employers to tap into the amazing talent at the CECS. We look forward to connecting with you!
- Hiring a CECS Student as an Intern or Employee
Employers are welcome to post internship, co-op and entry-level employment opportunities in computer science or engineering fields through the Handshake platform using the instructions below. CECS representatives will then distribute position postings to qualified students, pending graduates, and recent alumni weekly.
If your organization is new to Handshake, you’ll take a few steps to post your internship or entry level positions:
- Click here to set up your organization’s account.
- You will want to create a full profile to best present your employment brand. After creating your account, please link to University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
- Since this is your first time to Handshake, you will need approval as an employer before you are permitted to post a position description. (If we are away from our desks, approvals will be completed within one business day. In which case, please check back to get your post up.)
- Then post your position. Provide robust information so students and recent graduates understand the specific qualifications you are seeking.
- When you are done posting onto Handshake, please feel welcome to email [email protected] if you would like us to include your posting into our targeted weekly email informing our College of Engineering and Computer Science community of the opportunity!
- Other Ways for Employers to Build their Brand and Get Involved at the CECS
The CECS Center for Student Success strives to build a bridge between external partners and our talented students. Here are some connection points to our college that can help propel the relationship between community partners and UTC:
- Apply for a research partnership opportunity for student and faculty support on corporate projects.
- Request information tables for visibility of internship and entry-level employment opportunities in engineering or computer science at the college.
- Offer a company as a touring facility for students and enrich their professional knowledge.
- Participate in our semi-annual career fairs to grow a brand on campus or develop a talent pipeline.
- Explore serving as a guest speaker to a target audience at the college, for clubs, or in specific classes.
- Offer job shadows to students seeking info on the realities of their career paths of interest.
- Interview on campus for quality computer science or engineering positions.
- Sponsor an information session on campus or online to recruit or grow interest in a company.
- Discuss adding a seasoned professional to the Women’s Mentoring Program.
- Serve as one of our visiting employers for semi-annual professional development events: Resume Review, “Moc” Interview, and LinkedIn Reviews.
- Consider a financial investment for lab or instructional spaces in a philanthropic pursuit to support the next generations of engineers and computer scientists.
Our programming makes a deep impact on the success of our students, but it requires the involvement of our community to make it work! Please use this guide to consider programming or services offered through the CECS Center for Student Success where your organization can take part.
We are grateful for your partnership!