Has your abstract been accepted for presentation at a regional or national conference? Congratulations! You may be eligible for Conference Registration Support to offset a portion of the costs associated with conference presentation.
- Who Can Apply?
- Currently enrolled, full-time undergraduate students in all disciplines and levels of study who have been accepted to present their research at a regional or national conference. (A copy of the conference acceptance must be submitted with the application).
- Students who are the first author on the submitted abstract or listed as co-author if the faculty mentor is listed as primary author.
This support does NOT cover airfare, car rental, poster printing, hotel, meals, and other related expenses. Students should contact their college/ department for additional assistance related to conference presentation such as airfare, car rental, poster printing, hotel, meals, and other related expenses. This support cannot be granted to multiple students presenting the same project. Only one group member can apply.
- Poster Printing Resources
Contact our office for recommendations regarding poster printing services.
To be considered for conference registration support, applicants must meet all of the eligibility requirements below.
- Currently enrolled, full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate student in good academic and judicial standing with an active UTC email address and student ID# at time of application and presentation.
Note: Students may receive one URaCE funded award per academic year.
- Responsibilities and Expectations
Students who receive conference registration support must:
- Must take a photo at the conference to document presentation attendance. The photo must be submitted to the Office for URaCE after the conference (via an e-form) along with a copy of the presentation file (poster or oral). The Office for URaCE will share your photo on the Office for URaCE website. Your presentation file will be archived with the Office for URaCE (but not shared publicly).
- Present their research project at the annual UTC Spring Research and Arts Conference (formerly ReSEARCH Dialogues).
- What Is Covered
- Conference Registration Fee only
- Many conferences are sponsored by associations that require membership for conference participation. This support does not cover membership costs. Students who receive this support must pay membership fees before conference registration can be processed. Note that the amount covered will be for the registration fee ONLY. This award does not cover late registration or any other fees.
- Support Details
- Due to limited available funds, conference registration support is only available for conferences taking place during the fall and spring semesters.
- Award applications must be submitted at least 45 days prior to the conference date to take advantage of early bird conference registration rates.
- Undergraduates must have a graduation date that falls after the conference date.
The Office for URaCE will arrange payment of the conference fee on behalf of the student (up to $300.00).
Note: No reimbursements are allowable for conference registration.
- This support DOES NOT cover registration fees for the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR). If you are seeking funding for NCUR please contact our office: [email protected].
- When to Apply
As soon as the conference acceptance is received. Funds are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.