Conference Support Award
Has your abstract been accepted for presentation at a regional or national conference? Congratulations! You may be eligible for an URaCE Conference Support Award to offset a portion of the costs associated with conference presentation.
- Who Can Apply?
- Currently enrolled, full-time undergraduate students in all disciplines and levels of study who have been accepted to present their research at an inter national conference. (A copy of the conference acceptance must be submitted with the application).
- Students who are the first author on the submitted abstract or listed as co-author if the faculty mentor is listed as primary author.
Students should contact their college/ department for additional assistance related to conference presentation such as airfare, car rental, poster printing, hotel, meals, and other related expenses.
- Poster Printing Resources
Contact our office for recommendations regarding poster printing services.
- Award Details
- Awards are available during the fall and spring semesters only.
- Award applications must be submitted at least 45 days prior to the conference date to take advantage of early bird conference registration rates.
- Undergraduates must have a graduation date that falls after the conference date.
To be considered for the award, applicants must meet all of the eligibility requirements below.
- Currently enrolled, full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate student in good academic standing with an active UTC email address and student ID#.
Note: Students may receive one URaCE funded award per academic year.
A Note about Group Presentations (presenting as a co-presenter or part of a research team): Only one group member may receive an award to present on behalf of the group. Group awards are based on available funds.
- Awardee Responsibilities and Expectations
Students who receive a support award must:
- Must take a photo at the conference to document presentation attendance. he photo must be submitted to the Office for URaCE after the conference (via an e-form) along with a copy of the presentation file (poster or oral). The Office for URaCE will share your photo on the Office for URaCE website. Your presentation file will be archived with the Office for URaCE (but not shared publicly).
- Present their research project at the annual UTC Spring Research and Arts Conference (formerly ReSEARCH Dialogues).
- NOTE: Students who receive an Office for URaCE travel award but fail to present at the conference will be charged the full registration fee. The fee will be charged to the student's account.
- What Is Covered by the Award
- Conference Registration Fee only
- Many conferences are sponsored by associations that require membership for conference participation. This award does not cover membership costs. Students who receive this award must pay membership fees before conference registration can be processed. Note that the maximum amount covered for the registration fee is $350.00.
- How Awards are Distributed
The Office for URaCE will arrange payment of the conference fee on behalf of the student. Note that the maximum amount covered for the registration fee is $350.00.
Note: No reimbursements are allowable for conference registration.
- This award DOES NOT cover registration fees for the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR). If you are seeking funding for NCUR please contact the office.
- When to Apply
As soon as the conference acceptance is received. Funds are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to Apply
Please upload the following 3 documents with the electronic application:
- A copy of the conference abstract acceptance letter or e-mail message
- A copy of the submitted abstract (PDF or jpeg format)
- A copy of your resume or CV