It's easy to get started. The admissions process is the first step towards earning the degree you've been dreaming of, and we're here to help. Click the links below to learn more about requirements for MBA degree programs in UTC's Gary W. Rollins College of Business.
Wondering about GPA or MBA course requirements for admissions? Have questions about admission requirements for the MBA that can't wait? Please call or email us! 423-425-5708 or email@example.com
Your next steps to a brighter future are listed below.
Consideration for admission to the 100% Online MBA & Flexible MBA Programs are based on the following:
To be considered for degree regular admission, applicants must meet one of the following requirements from a regionally accredited institution or foreign equivalent. All GPAs are based on a 4.0 point scale and are cumulative including all undergraduate courses completed; the last two years of undergraduate coursework are equivalent to approximately 60-70 semester hours or 90-100 quarter hours.
- 2.70 minimum GPA for all undergraduate work taken for the baccalaureate degree or
- 3.00 GPA for the last two years of undergraduate academic coursework or
- 3.00 GPA for 30 or more semester hours undergraduate credit after earning the first bachelor's degree or
- 2.70 GPA for the last two years of undergraduate coursework and a 3.00 GPA on fewer than 24 hours graduate coursework or
- 3.00 GPA for 24 or more graduate hours or
- An earned master's degree or higher-level degree with at least a 3.00 GPA.
Applicants must have one of the following unless qualifying for a GMAT waiver:
(NOTE: GMAT or GRE scores more than five years old cannot be considered.)
- Official GMAT Overall Score of 450 or Higher
- Official GRE Minimum Section Scores of 146 on Verbal & 144 on Quantitative
GMAT/GRE waiver requests will be considered for applicants who meet one of the waiver criteria listed below. Applicants will make the waiver request during part 2 of the application process (completing the MBA program application) and at that time must also select the waiver option they believe they meet. Meeting the below criteria does not guarantee a GMAT/GRE waiver. To be considered, applicants must have earned:
- Previous graduate degree or higher with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher; OR,
- 3.25 cumulative undergraduate GPA plus 5 years of professional work experience; OR,
- UTC undergraduate Business major or other AACSB university Business major with a 3.0 cumulative GPA and 3.2 cumulative GPA within an AACSB business major (defined as upper level courses in business).
Note: Admissions criteria described are minimum requirements for MBA program consideration. These minimum MBA admissions requirements do not guarantee acceptance into a specific graduate degree program or the UTC Graduate School.
Submit the following requirements for the MBA degree program to complete your application:
For your program of choice, complete both parts of the online application: 1) UTC Graduate School application, 2) MBA program application (choose 100% Online or Flexible)
(See the bottom of the page for links to these applications.)
Submit official transcripts from each college or university attended (even those from whom transfer credits were earned) to UTC's Graduate School.
To expedite the receipt of official transcripts, UTC recommends the use of an electronic transcript submission service such as:
If mailing official transcripts, they must be mailed directly from the institution to:
The Graduate School
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
615 McCallie Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37403
Provide proof of your immunization records to Student Health Services.
NOTE: This is for full-time Flexible MBA program students only. 100% Online MBA applicants are not required to submit these records. Once admitted and during the advising process, part-time Flexible MBA students may request to be waived from this requirement.
International student applicants (not U.S. born or naturalized citizens) have additional application requirements detailed in the International Student Application Guide on the UTC International Student Services Office web site.
Note: International student applicants must submit admission materials to the UTC International Student Services Office.
GRADUATE EXAM INFORMATION
The GMAT & GRE is offered as computer based tests. On average, the exams can be completed in about four hours. Upon completion of the exam, you will be given an unofficial score report. Official scores will arrive two to three weeks after the exam date.
- Offered on a regular basis at Pearson Professional Centers throughout the country.
- To register at the Chattanooga testing center call (423) 485-8524 or visit www.mba.com
- Offered on a regular basis at Prometric test centers throughout the country.
- To register at the Chattanooga testing center call (423) 894-6249 or visit www.ets.org
To prepare for the content of the exams, you can:
- Find several GMAT or GRE preparation guides at local or online book retailers. The preparation books include sample test questions, preparation tips and skill-building problems.
- Use any number of third-party online study guides and preparatory classes. Some include Kaplan, Princeton Review and Magoosh.
MBA Application Dates and Deadlines
Applications and documents submitted after the Regular Admission Deadline will be considered for admission based on eligibility and program space availability. It is strongly recommended that interested applicants submit all application materials no later than the Regular Admission Deadline.
|For This Semester Start||Submit Application By||Order Transcripts By||Take GMAT or GRE Test By|
May 15, 2019
|Mar. 2, 2019||Mar. 2, 2019||Mar. 16, 2019|
(May 15, 2019)
|Mar. 30, 2019||Mar. 30, 2019||Apr. 13, 2019|
Aug. 19, 2019
|Jun. 1, 2019||Jun. 1, 2019||Jun. 15, 2019|
(Aug. 19, 2019)
|Jun. 29, 2019||Jun. 29, 2019||July 6, 2019|
Jan. 6, 2020
|Oct. 26, 2019||Oct. 26, 2019||Nov. 9, 2019|
(Jan. 6, 2020)
|Nov. 23, 2019||Nov. 23, 2019||Nov. 30, 2019|
May 13, 2020
|Feb. 29, 2020||Feb. 29, 2020||Mar. 14, 2020|
(May 13, 2020)
|Mar. 28, 2020||Mar. 28, 2020||Apr. 11, 2020|