Business Analytics Graduate Certificate Curriculum
(Can be waived by course instructor if candidate has equivalent undergraduate or graduate coursework or professional experience.)
- One semester of business statistics with grade of C or better or at least 80% in the online statistics module that is available through the Rollins College of Business Graduate Programs Office and can be completed upon admission to the certificate program.
- MGT 5140 Database and Data Warehouses (Offered fall semesters)
- MGT 5120 Big Data Management & Analytics (Offered spring semesters, Prerequisite: MGT 5140)
- MGT 5190 Data Mining and Analytics (Offered fall semesters, Prerequisite: one semester of business statistics or successful completion of online statistics module or equivalent)
- MGT 5200 Advanced Data Analytics (Offered spring semesters, Prerequisite: MGT 5190)
- Two-semester certificate: The certificate program is designed to be completed in two semesters beginning with the two fall core/required classes (MGT 5140 & MGT 5190) and then finishing with the two spring core/required classes (MGT 5120 & MGT 5200).
- Certificate Prerequisite Work: Prerequisite coursework (one semester of business statistics or equivalent) can be completed in the fall, spring, or summer semesters prior to beginning the certificate core classes as a non-credit online module that is estimated to take 25-30 hours to complete. The module is self-paced and can be started at any time after a student is admitted.
|MGT 5140 (required)||MGT 5120 (required)|
|MGT 5190 (required)||MGT 5200 (required)|
- Each fall and spring course meets once per week from 5:30-8:00 p.m. for fifteen weeks.
|Semester||Course||Meeting Days||Meeting Times||Course Dates|
|Fall 2020||MGT 5140- Databases & Data Warehouses||Tuesday||5:30-8:00 p.m.||August 17-December 8, 2020|
|Fall 2020||MGT 5190- Data Mining & Analytics||Thursday||5:30-8:00 p.m.||August 17-December 8, 2020|
|Spring 2021||MGT 5120- Big Data Management & Analytics||TBA||5:30-8:00 p.m.||January 4-April 27, 2021|
|Spring 2021||MGT 5200-Advanced Data Analytics||TBA||5:30-8:00 p.m.||January 4-April 27, 2021|