The department’s dynamic History Club provides opportunities for socializing and serious discussion of the historical past.
More information can be found on the History Club Facebook page.
History Club Mission
- To expose students to recent historical scholarship through speaker series and provide opportunities to meet scholars across and beyond UTC
- To engage students with historical topics creatively and socially through movie discussions, historical tours, museum visits, and service learning projects.
- To familiarize students and faculty with local institutions, organizations, and communities that participate in and further historical exploration.
- To forge connections between student majors and minors as well as invite non-student majors to take part in debates and activities about the past and the historical discipline.
- To prepare students for success after graduation through professional workshops.
History Club Contacts
- Dr. Kelli Nelson, Faculty Advisor
- Sean O’Neal, President
- Elise Murphy, Vice President
- Madeline Strom, Social Media Coordinator