The UTC English Department offers MA degrees in three concentrations: Creative Writing, Literary Studies, and Rhetoric & Professional Writing.
We’re passionate about helping you find and personalize your advanced academic path. Our faculty mentors will challenge you, inspire you, and equip you with sophisticated tools for reading and writing the world.
Our graduates continue their studies in PhD and MFA programs around the country, teach at the secondary and higher education institutions, and advance their professional careers.
- Content Editor, Text Request
- Grants Administrator, UTC College of Arts and Sciences
- Chief Executive Officer, Skye Strategies
- Author, Simon & Schuster
- Senior Writer, Mohawk Industries
- Freelance Writer, Bustle, Fortune Magazine, and The Rumpus
- Director, UTC Research & Sponsored Programs
- Senior Copywriter, The Sasha Group
February 15 – Fall semester start with graduate assistantship eligibility
April 1 – Summer semester start (no assistantship consideration)
July 1 – Fall semester start (no assistantship consideration)
November 1 – Spring semester start (no assistantship consideration)
Please visit our Application Requirements page for more information.
Please direct all questions about the UTC English Department’s graduate program to Dr. Rik Hunter, Graduate Director.
For general questions regarding graduate admissions, contact the UTC Graduate School.