All doctoral participants are required to access their official university email accounts on a frequent basis from admission to graduation. UTC adopts email as an official means of communication. Each participant is issued a university email account with an address on the mocs.utc.edu domain. This is the account used for University business and official University communications. Some communications may only be made by email; therefore, the University has the right to expect that university email communications will be received and read in a timely fashion. University personnel (faculty or staff) can expect that participants' University of Tennessee account(s) are being accessed and university personnel will use university email for their correspondence with participants accordingly. Participants are required to use their official University of Tennessee account(s) when contacting university personnel. We suggest participants check their mocs.utc.edu email account on a regular basis.
Typically, course related questions that are not personal in nature should be submitted to the Ask the Instructor(s) in the LMS (UTC Learn), course related questions that are personal in nature should be submitted to the instructor(s) directly via UTC Learn email, and questions that are not course related should be submitted via email to the Program Office at [email protected]. Participants can expect faculty/staff to respond to inquiries within three (3) business days, even if the response is just to inform the participant that the faculty/staff is working on the inquiry and will reply in greater detail soon.
Confirm/Update Contact Information:
During your doctoral program of study, it is critical that we maintain an open line of communication with you. Please take a few minutes to confirm (or update) your contact information with the University.
- Login to the MyMocsNet portal (link: MyMocsNet).
- Click on the Services link/tab at the top of the screen.
- Under the Personal Information section/channel, select Update Addresses and Phones.
- Under the Permanent address section, select the blue Current hyperlink. Enter today's date as the Valid from This Date. Leave the Until this Date field blank. Update your permanent mailing address.
- Under the Phone Type section, select Cell Phone from the drop-down menu. Enter your area code + cell phone number in the boxes provided.
- Review your entries and select Submit.
- Now click on the blue Personal Information link in the breadcrumbs at the top of the page.
- Select Update E-mail Addresses.
- For Type of E-mail to Insert, select “Other Email” type from the drop-down menu and select Submit. Enter a personal email address (ex: Gmail, Yahoo, etc.).
- Review your entry and select Submit.
Address, phone number, and "other email" changes may be made online 24/7 via MyMocsNet. If your address or phone number should change at any time, please update your official listing via MyMocsnet. Any name changes, date of birth corrections, or SS# corrections require supporting documentation. Contact the Registrar (link: Registrar) for details. We appreciate your diligence in keeping your contact information up-to-date.