K@TE (pronounced "Kate") represents "Knowledge and Training Excellence" and is the University of Tennessee's comprehensive Learning Management System for training and professional development. E-learning, or online courses, provide great flexibility. The University has access to a broad range of training resources, which is readily accessible and free of charge to all UTC faculty and staff.
We offer more than 300 eLearning courses on a variety of topics. Among the courses are:
- Business ethics
- Effective business communication
- Environmental health and safety
- Dynamics of leadership
- Dealing with conflict
- Organizational change Workplace diversity.
To access K@TE:
- Log into K@TE, the learning management system using your NetID and password.
- Search for a particular topic or course by using the upper-right search field, OR:
- Browse available online training:
- From the Learning tab, click on “Browse for Training.”
- Click “Browse All.”
- Under “Type,” on the left-hand side, click the blue computer icon to browse only online training.
NOTE: If you need assistance with your NetID and/or password, please contact UTC IT Helpdesk at 423-425-4000.
Additional K@TE resources
Internet Browsers Supported
To use K@TE most effectively, one of the following Internet browsers is recommended:
- Latest Mozilla Firefox
- Latest Google Chrome
- Latest Microsoft Edge
- Latest Apple Safari
- Pop-up blockers must be enabled for the K@TE application.
- Try accessing K@TE from a different Internet browser and/or clearing your browser cache on the browser you are using if an online class will not launch in K@TE.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view training completion certificates launched from K@TE.