Recent Job Postings for Students and Recent Graduates
Komatsu - Entry Level Mechanical Engineer
Entry Level Mechanical Engineer:
- Proficient in 3D Design (Creo, Inventor, Solidworks)
- Experience with Structures, Welment and Sheetmetal
- Windchill PDM is a big plus
- Strong desire to be in Chattanooga for a long period of time
Adam Muir | Recruiter | email@example.com | E91
D: 563-587-8819| O: 800.397.5897 | 3530 Digital Drive, Dubuque IA 52003
EPB - Cyber Security Intern
Business Name: Express Employment at EPB
Address: 10 M. L. King Blvd., Chattanooga, TN
Contact Name: Joel Walker
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone:(423) 490-9054
Cyber Security Intern -
- Enrolled full-time in an approved college or university majoring in Cyber Security
- Have completed at least freshman year (32 semester hours)
Have a cumulative grade point average no less than 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
Salary/Rate of Pay: $15.00/hour
Expected Work Hours: 20-30 hours/week
Majors: Cyber Security
Cannon & Cannon, Inc. - Transportation Engineer (EI) – Memphis Office
Cannon & Cannon, Inc., one of the Southeast’s most trusted, experienced and nationally recognized engineering and consulting companies is seeking an honest, capable and uniquely qualified Project Engineer candidate to join our rapidly expanding Memphis office.
Cannon & Cannon, Inc., (CCI) an independently owned company with offices in Memphis, Knoxville and Bowling Green, KY seeks a recent civil engineering graduate with interests in transportation design and land development design. This individual will serve as a designer on a variety of TDOT and municipal roadway design and transportation engineering projects. The position requires involvement with Project Production; CADD production; schedule and budget; quality analysis and quality control.
Initially, the selected individual will be assigned and report to the City of Memphis Land Development office to assist in the review of land development plans, permits, contracts and other duties, as assigned. This assignment does not have a fixed time duration.
The position reports to the Memphis Operations Director. The applicant should have, at a minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college. An EI (Engineer Intern) registration with the State of Tennessee, or the ability to obtain within one (1) year, is required. Experience in roadway and/or traffic signalization design projects; land development and/or traffic control project experience is a bonus. Ability to utilize AutoCAD and/or Microstation is desired. The employee will work in the Memphis, TN office and may assist with projects from other offices locations.
Please send your resume to Cannon & Cannon, Inc., 60 Germantown Court, Suite 110, Memphis, TN 38018 or email email@example.com with the position title in the subject line. Cannon & Cannon, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Volkswagen - Young Engineers Program
Volkswagen will hire and send 6 recent (within the last 2 years) Electrical Engineering graduates to Germany for approximately 1 year of training in our central Pilot Hall. The position is posted online now, and VW is actively interviewing. The company is looking for a passion for automotive and obviously a willingness to travel internationally for a long period. Candidates can see full description and apply here:
Kenny's Southside Sandwiches
- kitchen jobs available for those interested in cooking breakfast and lunch, that is centered around warm sandwiches.
- front of the house jobs available that will be tipped, plus hourly wage. Running a cash register, delivering food, clearing tables in an order at the counter restaurant.
Call 423-498-5888 or come by 1251 Market St. Chattanooga, TN 37402
Smart Furniture - Merchandising and Product Specialist
At Smart Furniture, customization is everything. We have a huge selection of customizable furniture made by some of the best furniture brands in the world. We're looking for a merchandising and product specialist to help keep our product selection the best around. You'll report directly to the marketing manager, and your duties will include but not necessarily be limited to:
- New Product Additions: You'll work with the marketing and sales team to identify and import new products onto Smart Furniture.
- Manage Inventory Systems: You'll help set-up and maintain automated systems that keep our real-time stock tracking system operational.
- Update the Website: Products change. You'll help make sure that our products are up to date and working properly.
- Research New Brands: As a merchandiser, part of your responsibilities will include identifying new and interesting products to add to our collection.
- Communicate Needs with Vendors: Sometimes you'll need to reach out to manufacturers and vendors to ensure that we have all of the requisite materials to make sure our website presents their products perfectly.
Necessary skills + Requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Ability to work independently and under guidance from marketing and sales teams
- Strong written communication skills
- Basic Photoshop skills greatly preferred
- Comfortable with computers and web technology
Would be Awesome if You:
- Have previous merchandising or marketing experience
- Have a Bachelor's Degree
- Understand basic HTML coding
- Possess good writing skills
- Don't have the personality of Kim Kardashian
- Are willing to take on new responsibilities and show a proclivity to learning, growing, and helping make Smart Furniture awesome.
This is a full time position, Monday through Friday. You'll work at the Smart Furniture corporate office in Chattanooga, TN. In addition to being a part of the ultra-rad Smart Furniture Genius Crew, you'll also get these great benefits:
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) participation
- Paid vacation
- A dynamic and innovative work environment
- You get to work with really cool people
If you think you're right for the job, we'd love to hear from you. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We're looking to fill this job as soon as possible, so don't hesitate if you think you should be our next merchandising specialist!
Woodbridge - Process Intern
The position is responsible for helping complete the following tasks: optimizing the production systems, improving the process by increasing productivity and lowering scrap rates. Also, it improves machinery for better production and implements new procedures and methods while maintaining quality system documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Modify reporting system for new methods, new material specifications or new products
- Implement process improvements
- Write and Update Procedures
- This job requires frequent daily and/or weekend overtime
- Maintain good housekeeping in the department
- Labeling of chemical containers to ensure compliance to safety and environmental regulations.
- Set up machinery in preparation of production runs
- Monitor production variables and ensure the variables fall within an acceptable range.
- Be able to review data using statistical process methods and tools.
- This position may be required to work daily and/or week end overtime
- Implement process improvements
- Train personnel
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Working towards a bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Send resume to
Sam King l Process Manager l Woodbridge INOAC Technical Products
Direct: 423-643-3822 l Main: 423-622-8326 ext 166
1120 Judd Road, Chattanooga, TN 37406
Tennessee Democratic Coordinated Campaign - Interns and fellows
The Tennessee Democratic Coordinated Campaign is looking for summer interns to join our campaign. Applicants should be enthusiastic, motivated individuals who want to learn the ins-and-outs of a top-tier political operation, and the inner workings of a truly grassroots organizing effort.
Coordinated Campaign internship programs are designed to provide a foot in the door for those seeking futures in politics, government, communications or public service. It is also designed to provide a more formal educational experience: program participants will engage grasstops leaders and voters in their communities, hear from several guest speakers from around the country, and work directly with experienced campaign staff.
This program is also intended to be available to all students, including and especially those with other work, scholastic or extracurricular obligations. Hours are flexible, and organizers will work with each candidate’s schedule to ensure that anyone willing and able to learn and participate can be accommodated.
Interns will learn the fundamentals of building a grassroots field program and conduct a cutting-edge voter contact persuasion program. Having completed specialized training programs on campaign data as well as community outreach and engagement, interns who complete the program will also find that they have gained an extensive set of skills and a competitive edge over their peers. Interns also frequently report making lifelong friends and professional contacts as well as having a great deal of fun.
To apply, go online at https://tinyurl.com/TNDCCinternprogram , or email us at apply@ tndp.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Hajoca - Management Trainee
Hajoca Corporation is the nation's largest privately held wholesale distributor of plumbing, heating and air-conditioning, industrial pipes-valves-fittings, pool and waterworks supplies for residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure construction. We have approximately 400 locations, called Profit Centers, throughout the United States, representing the premier product lines in our industry.
Hajoca has a three year management development program to attract, develop, and retain world-class leaders. Bright, driven individuals learn every aspect of the distribution of plumbing, heating and industrial supplies through a rigorous rotational program. Trainees will rotate through job functions in all parts of the business and work alongside a highly dedicated team of people who handle everything from stocking the warehouse to computing financial statements to generating business and much more. Long term once a Profit Center Manager, decisions will be made from who to hire, what products to sell and for how much, and how to better engage customers through sales and marketing. You will truly be an entrepreneur, running your own business and our development program will prepare you to be successful in that role.
WHY CONSIDER HAJOCA?
- We have a culture of entrepreneurship. If you are comfortable with autonomy and accountability you'll fit right in
- Career growth at Hajoca happens quickly, thanks to our three-year development program
- We offer hands on and extensive training, and you'll work with a mentor every step of the way
- Hajoca is a large organization with a family feel. Because of our decentralized model, each location really has its own culture
- Your hard work will translate into financial success. You will start with a competitive base salary, and with sales incentives and profit sharing bonuses, you'll have the opportunity to increase your earnings just 18 months into the program
QUALIFICATIONS FOR OUR SELECTIVE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM INCLUDE:
- A Bachelor's degree with a solid GPA
- An ability and willingness to work in all areas in the region (may require relocation)
- A strong desire to lead a team and run your own business
- Demonstrated leadership in educational, athletic, professional or social activities
- A competitive spirit and take-charge attitude
- The ability to perform a wide-range of tasks, with an equal blend of interpersonal and analytical skills
To learn more about this career opportunity, please visit www.hajocacareers.com. Here you can see a message from our president, meet current trainees and read a current trainee’s first-hand account of being in the Management Development Program.
Hajoca Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EOE and M/F/Disability/Veterans.) We are a drug free workplace, with pre-employment drug screening required. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Covenant Transport - Statistician
Covenant Transport Service is looking for a Statistician, who will mine and analyze complex, structured and unstructured data sets using advanced statistical methods in data driven decision making. This position will also be able to develop, through various software, models, graphs and other means to relay the interpretation of the data.
- Identifies unique opportunities to collect new data.
- Designs new processes and builds large, complex data sets.
- Performs research, analysis, and statistical modeling on organizational data.
- Develops, tests and validates predictive models.
- Develops and applies algorithms or models to key business metrics with the goal of improving operations or answering business questions.
- Implements new or enhanced software designed to access and handle data more efficiently.
- Provides “data stories” by using data visualization and data communication techniques.
- Interprets data to identify business trends, conduct root cause analysis of business problems, or suggest areas for process improvement.
- Bachelors in quantitative degree (Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Computer Science or computation-intensive Sciences and Humanities).
- Master’s or PhD degree and/or Certificate in Statistics/Analytics required
- Practical experience building predictive analytics.
- Comfortable operating in programmatic language such as SQL, R, Python (Pandas/Scipy/Numpy) OR at the very least, mastery level of Microsoft Excel.
- Previous experience in data mining or statistical modeling required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses a working knowledge of statistics, programming and predictive modeling.
- Demonstrates excellent code writing abilities.
- Has strong critical thinking skills and expertise in translating strategic questions into tactical work plans and outputs
- Displays understand of and ability to use programming languages such as R, Python and SQL.
- Has experience with visual analytic tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Shows strong knowledge of basic and advanced prediction models.
- Possesses a combination of creative abilities and business knowledge.
- Has data mining knowledge that spans a range of disciplines.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to bridge the gap between data science and business management.
- Displays exceptional organizational skills and is detailed oriented.
- Desires to handle multiple projects and work independently in a deadline oriented environment
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Covenant Transport Services
Director of Advanced Analytics
Covenant Transport - Data Warehouse Architect
Covenant Transport Service is seeking an experienced data warehouse developer. Reporting to the Director of Advanced Analytics, the Data Warehouse Architect will establish a new data warehouse from the ground-up. This position is a hands-on development position. The Architect will be responsible for development of the overall Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) architecture to ensure the data assets and capabilities of the EDW support the organization’s needs. Responsibilities include strategy development, system and capability selection, data governance, data modeling, technical and data standards, best practices, and naming conventions.
- Possess SQL experience; data modelling and data management experience
- Architect, design, build, implement, and maintain solutions to meet business needs for the data warehouse and data mart environments using the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack.
- Works with the Director of Advanced Analytics to align Data strategy with the long-term technology roadmap for the company.
- Provides technical direction to ETL developers, database developers, and application/BI developers to architect, design, and implement solutions.
- Stays current on the technology, tools, and approaches in the BI/DW/cloud space.
- Solves complex problems and develops proofs of concept to validate ideas or technologies.
- Contributes to and eventually owns best practice standards and templates for data warehouse design and architecture.
- Helps support the system and troubleshoots system related issues when moved into production.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 8+ years of experience in Information Technology.
- 5+ years of experience architecting, designing, and developing BI/Data Warehouse solutions using the Microsoft BI stack (e.g. SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI, and Azure).
- 5+ years of experience working with SQL, SQL stored procedures, and relational/multidimensional databases.
- 5+ years of experience with data architecture/design in data warehouse and transactional environments.
- 5+ years of experience working with BI tool architectures, functions, and features.
- Experience with cloud (preferably Azure) development and services like SQL PaaS, or Data factory
- Master’s degree in Information Technology (although experience and capability are more highly valued)
- Experience with Big Data solutions such as Hadoop, data lakes, advanced analytics/data science, and machine learning.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Experience with agile methodologies and supporting tools, particularly Scrum.
- Strong problem-solving capability.
- Ability to manage expectations in the face of multiple competing tasks/projects at the same time.
Covenant Transport Services
Director of Advanced Analytics
Covenant Transport - SQL/Azure ETL Developer
Covenant Transport Service is seeking an SQL/Azure ETL Developer to design and implement data integration and business intelligence solutions for the enterprise. This IT professional will use their hands-on experience with data warehouse architecture, extract/transform/load (ETL) and business requirements gathering and analysis to refine and meet objectives.
- Provide a high level of ETL technical services and support; is considered an expert in multiple ETL technologies; maps data source to destination.
- Lead in the design, build, verification, implementation and maintenance of ETL code / jobs based on business needs.
- Accountable to establish the standards and processes around providing support for ETL tools, their jobs and the scheduling tools.
- Drive the life cycle of the ETL tool by enabling smooth upgrades and/or installation and support of new capabilities; work with the Data Architect to establish and implement a data architecture practice
- Prepare project and system related documentation consistent with standards and procedures outlined in the data architecture approach including data quality, security and availability requirements.
- Review new applications for their ability to be integrated into the existing environment – specifically around data to data integration. Also during design sessions, ensure the design meets or exceeds data quality standards.
- Coordinate support efforts in updating ETL jobs, performance tuning and optimization.
- Lead the capacity planning function to properly identify needed hardware, software, ETL configuration / architecture to support application / business needs.
- Develop and test Database programming components including, but not limited to, stored procedures, user defined functions, and triggers to support Data Warehouse batch processes as well as enterprise data integration.
- Develop and test ETL components using one or more ETL tools including T-SQL, SSIS, Azure Data Factory etc.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Application Developers, Quality Assurance, DBAs and Data Architects.
- Keep abreast of latest developments of related technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, or area of functional responsibility preferred, or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- 5-9 years of industry experience with data warehouse development, business intelligence tools, or equivalent.
- 4-6 years of additional experience with design, build, verification and implementation of ETL and scheduling of these jobs.
- Solid skills of database and related tools and applications, to include SQL Server RDBMS, T-SQL, SSRS, MDX, PowerQuery (M-language) and DAX.
- Understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Good verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Good knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices.
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting ETL repositories.
- In-depth knowledge of relational data modeling including star schemas.
- Any experience with Azure Data Factory, Azure Cloud Service XML and Object Oriented Programming – JSON is a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working with Microsoft’s BI stack; SSRS, SSAS, PowerPivot etc.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with Power BI
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Stays current on ETL (data movement) trends and quickly picks up new technologies and approaches and their relevance to providing business value
- Ability to work effectively within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced changing environment - multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational, attention to detail and task follow-up skills. Adept at handling multiple assignments in a timely manner and meeting assigned deadlines.
Covenant Transport Services
Director of Advanced Analytics
ORNL - Construction Scheduler
Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is the largest US Department of Energy science and energy laboratory, conducting basic and applied research to deliver transformative solutions to compelling problems in energy and security. Our diverse capabilities span a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines, enabling the Laboratory to explore fundamental science challenges and to carry out the research needed to accelerate the delivery of solutions to the marketplace.
We have a need for a scheduler to work within the ORNL Project Management Office and support construction efforts for a high performance computing project.
- Assist ORNL construction project manager and control account managers (CAMs) in developing detailed resource‐loaded, logic‐driven schedules using Primavera P6, and developing & documenting supporting detailed cost estimates.
- Assist construction contractors in preparation of construction baseline schedules. Review contractor schedule submittals and provide comments to construction project manager. Assist construction project manager in monthly baseline schedule updates.
- Provide day‐to‐day support to the project with schedule and cost maintenance and status, forecasting and conducting what‐if analysis.
- Assist in generating monthly reports on project status and performance, to include cost and schedule variance analyses and explanations.
If you would like to discuss this further, you can call me at my number below.
Project Management Office
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
One Bethel Valley Road
P.O. Box 2008, MS-6008
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6008
Copelands Inc. - Internship
- CAD detailing -- Using AutoCad to produce drawings and dxf files for CNC programming.
- CNC Programming -- Using Sigmanest, offline, to produce CNC machine code.
- Sales -- Interacting with customers to determine needs -- present quotes / accept orders. May require gathering info and creating working drawings for production
- Estimating -- Establish labor requirements & materials required for projects
- Project Mgmt -- Release jobs to shop -- purchase materials -- act as liaison between customers and shop.
- Miscellaneous -- Involvement in shop operations as required to manage projects -- Trouble shoot equipment -- Help establish production standards and protocols.
- Expect to interact with shop personnel regularly.
Call with questions. Mike Copeland (423) 238-5621 ext 217
AkzoNobel - Internship
An intern position for summer and fall 2018 possibly resulting in full-time employment after graduation
Requirements for Job
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering (Graduating December 2018 preferred or May 2019)
- Test new polymers for new and existing applications
- Engineering expertise to build and troubleshoot water treatment lab equipment
- ability to learn the use of polymers in scale control for water treatment and oil field applications
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must have basic computer skills which include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be proficient in English
Please send resumes to:
Dr. Klin Rodrigues-Klin.Rodrigues@AkzoNobel.com and
Ms. Jan Sanders-Jannifer.sanders@AkzoNobel.com
Black and Veatch - Mechanical Engineer 3 - Hydropower
Black & Veatch is looking for a Mechanical Engineering graduate with 2 years of work experience as either an intern or at a local firm (or combination).Successful candidate will be supporting the hydropower team in Chattanooga.
Send resumes to Mr. Jay Anders at AndersJ@BV.com and apply at this link: http://careers.bv.com/careers/PipelineDetail/Mechanical-Engineer-3-Hydropower/13350
Terracon - Staff Geotechnical Engineer
Provide engineering and consulting services for a broad array of projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Review drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications. Prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes. Research and resolve design and construction problems. Assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports. Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the public works, transportation, commercial, communications, energy, and/or industrial sectors.
bluespatial - Internship
My startup is interested in running a non-paid internship this summer. We will be participating in the Gigtank accelerator. Students or graduates in the field of computer science and or geography would be preferred. We hope to get investment this summer and the right person may be able to come on as an early employee.
Send Resumes to email@example.com
Mike McDougall, Founder
Miller Industries - Internship Summer/Fall 2018
Position will focus will mainly on Process Engineering - students with Industrial Engineering, Engineering Management, and Mechanical Engineering are preferred.
Manufacturing Service Team
- Development and implementation of process control techniques and procedures
- Analysis of Manufacturing Processes (Process sheets, Tools, Facility Requirements, etc.)
- Documentation of Manufacturing Processes
- Time Studies depicting Manufacturing Processes
- Identify and Quantify aspects of these Processes
- Quality Control and Corrective actions
- Bill of Materials Re-Structuring
- Routings and Time associated to Piece Parts, Weldments, and/or Assemblies
- Line Balancing
- Conduct Time Studies
- Gather data and analyze pertinent data
- Confer with design engineering and purchasing in determining product specifications
- Communicate through technical writing
- Research policies & regulations
- Quantify process procedures
- Conduct Root-Cause Analysis
- Determine Quality of Product by Quality of Design, Quality of Process and Quality of Conformance
- Technical Writing
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project)
- Work Measurements and Design
- Operations Management (plus)
- Knowledge of Quality Tools (plus)
- Facilities Planning
- 3-D Modeling
- Project Management
- Paid Internship
- 25 - 40 hrs./wk. based on availability of student
- Hands-On Experience /On the Job Training
Send resumes to Logan Dawson at firstname.lastname@example.org
CECS Community Service Internship
The CECS Community Service Internship is a competitive, paid internship that pairs CECS undergraduate or graduate students with nonprofit organizations and government agencies to address community-identified projects in the Chattanooga region.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, September 21, 2018
For more information and to apply visit utc.edu/college-engineering-computer-science/students/community-service-internship.php.
Gestamp - Product Conformance Technician Aycliffe
A new opportunity has arisen within Gestamp Tallent Aycliffe for an ambitious individual looking to further their career within the Quality department, reporting to the Quality Engineer.
- Ensure that all Shift Operators adhere to the quality elements of the Standard Operating Procedures
- Conduct regular Product and Process audits and feedback information as required.
- Identify any product or process non-conformity and potential improvement ideas.
- Ensure effective communication of Quality data to the manufacturing teams and to facilitate actions to improve.
- Assist in the resolution of Customer & Internal concerns with the Quality Engineers.
- Provide support to Plant Quality Engineers to enable Plant KPI’s to be achieved.
- Support team based problem-solving activities using structured techniques.
- The jobholder may be required to visit customer/supplier locations with the Quality Engineer in order to resolve concerns.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications necessary:
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of pressing and fabrication manufacturing process
- Previous experience ideally in quality function of a fast moving manufacturing environment
- Good working knowledge of quality tools and techniques & fully competent in Microsoft IT packages.
- Applicants would ideally have served a recognized Apprenticeship and educated in an Engineering/Manufacturing discipline to ONC/HNC level.
Competencies, Behaviours & Attributes:
- The ability to cope with the pressures of a demanding manufacturing environment.
- Must have a confident approach to effectively deal with a variety of people within the business structure
- Good interpersonal and organization skills, ability to pay close attention to detail.
- To have self-motivation, confident and be proactive attitude.
If you believe this is an opportunity where you could succeed and would like to develop your career within Gestamp, simply email your CV with a supporting letter stating how you feel you closely meet the requirements of the role to: email@example.com CLOSING DATE: 1st September 2017
If you require more information regarding this role, a full Job Specification can be obtained from the Recruitment Department.
Embrey Builders is a large multifamily contractor that is looking to fill entry-level positions in the Nashville area. This is a long-term career opportunity offering competitive compensation, upward mobility and a stable, professional work environment.
Any interested candidates should forward their resume to Jordan Pitt at Jpitt@EmbreyDC.com.
CECS Student Ambassadors
The College of Engineering and Computer Science (CECS) Student Ambassadors provide service to the College, the University and the extended Chattanooga community by representing CECS as goodwill ambassadors. Through their assistance to the College in welcoming potential students, CECS alumni, friends, community partners, and visitors, the Ambassadors provide information and support events and activities sponsored by the College by working with the Dean’s Office and the Director of Student Success.
- Ambassadors must be full time students in the College of Engineering and Computer Science having completed at least one semester At UTC
- Ambassadors must be in good academic standing with the University
- Ambassadors will be called upon to work 5 to 10 hours per month assisting with CECS events – Compensated hourly.
- Complete an application
- Provide a 200 – 300 word statement explaining their interest in supporting the College in this important way
- Complete an interview with Dean
For more information about the CECS Ambassadors, please contact Ms. Julie David at (423) 425-5465, EMCS 344.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, February 9, 2018
Gestamp - Undergraduate and Graduate Researchers
- Undergraduate or Graduate
- 10 hours per week
- Simulation and modeling of the stamping process
- Training on the industry standard software AutoForm
Students should have experience in simulation/modeling and industrial stamping processes
Interested students should send his/her resume and a brief statement of interest to Dr. Louie Elliott at Louie-Elliott@utc.edu.
CECS Student Research Assistant
The Unmanned Systems Laboratory in the College of Engineering and Computer Science at UTC is searching for both undergraduate and graduate students to perform research. The students selected are expected to work with faculty and other students on a number of robotics projects. In particular, we are looking for students who will contribute toward our research efforts in developing (1) cooperative control and coordination technologies for multiple robotic systems and (2) cooperative sensing capabilities of mobile sensors. A background in computer programming or flying drones (quadrotor and fixed wing) is desired. The positions are available immediately. For more information about the available positions, please contact Dr. Zach Ruble at Zachary-Ruble@utc.edu.