For more than 40 years, we’ve educated and trained the future engineering and computer science workforce for the state of Tennessee, the nation and beyond.
Our students are active in the classroom, laboratory, community and more.
Strong mentor relationships means CECS students—both undergraduate and graduate—have ample opportunities to work with faculty who are actively involved in research areas including urban science (smart cities), energy and networked systems, data analytics, infrastructure engineering, information security, quality control, robotics, fluid dynamics and automotive systems, to name a few.
Our graduates are in high demand.
There are many reasons why companies want to hire our students. When CECS students graduate, they receive more than just a diploma. They spend their years at UTC earning an applicable, hands-on education. They participate in innovative research and boost their knowledge with internship experiences. Small class sizes provide robust mentorships with faculty, so students reach their full potential. Strong partnerships with local and global organizations help our students succeed.
Information for Students
Resources for CECS Students
Your one-stop-shop for advising, internships, job postings and more.
What will a degree from UTC's College of Engineering and Computer Science really cost?
To be a preeminent college of engineering, engineering management, technology, and computer science in education and applied research.
- Educate and train future technical and engineering management workforce for Tennessee, the nation and beyond.
- Discover new knowledge in engineering, management, technology and computer science.
- Engage communities through scholarship, service and economic development.
R - I - S - I - N - G
- Respect – treat each student, staff, and faculty with dignity
- Integrity – be transparent and honest
- Service – support each other and the community
- Inclusiveness – embrace the spirit of openness to ideas and all persons
- Nurturing – develop character in students, support the professional development of staff and faculty
- Growth – grow in excellence, expertise and positive impact
- Enrich Student Experience
- Cultivate excellence in teaching and learning
- Enhance applied research capabilities of the college for broader impact on the society
- Engage the community through scholarship and service with leadership and distinction
- Enhance national/international reputation and recognition
College of Engineering and Computer Science Strategic Plan
College of Engineering and Computer Science By-Laws
College of Engineering and Computer Science Workload Practice
College of Engineering and Computer Science Faculty Expertise
College of Engineering and Computer Science Research and Instructional Equipment List