Computer Science and Engineering
Computer Science News
Computer Science and Engineering News
- UTC is a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense.
- UTC Computer Science students have dedicated labs for our classes.
- UTC Computer Science students benefit from smaller classes and a low student/teacher ratio.
- All classes are taught by faculty with professional degrees. Most faculty hold the Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a closely related discipline.
- Our graduates can be found working for Fortune 500 companies, local, state and federal government agencies. They have also gone on to graduate programs in computer science, engineering, and medicine.
- Our department offers a Master's degree in three concentrations: Computer Science, Cyber Security, and Data Science.
- Our students have opportunities for internships, co-op experience and special projects within the College.
- UTC has active student associations that are affiliated with major national computer science societies and organizations.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga prepares students for productive and challenging careers in computer science, information technology, and computer engineering, and to function as leaders in a technological society. The department exists as the region’s principal resource for educational, research, continuing professional education, and service programs in computer and information technology. Programs hosted in this department emphasize communication, problem solving competencies, and applications of basic theory and design. We strive to:
- Prepare students for rewarding professional careers or graduate study in computing-related fields with a commitment to life-long learning;
- Prepare professional and graduate students for continuing professional development and career advancement;
- Support faculty and staff for excellence in research, teaching, and service; and
- Engage students, faculty, staff, and the community for diversity, inclusion, and excellence.