Advising for the Flexible MBA
Graduate Advising provides MBA students assistance with academic planning, pre-registration and graduation planning. College of Business Advisors, including your MBA academic advisor, are available year-round to discuss academic concerns, degree requirements, GPA concerns, petition requests and other academic or administrative needs.
Meet Your MBA Academic Advisor
Director of MBA Progams
Christine Estoye earned a Master of Business Administration from the University of Tennessee Chattanooga and a BA in Liberal Studies and German from the College of St. Benedict in St. Joseph, MN. Before taking charge of UTC’s MBA program, she worked for a variety of for-profit and non-profit organizations in the computer software, government, healthcare and education sectors. She enjoys traveling and trying new foods, especially when those areas intersect.
Fletcher Hall 207-C | 423.425.1730 | Christine-Estoye@utc.edu
Current Class Schedules
Advising and Registration Policies
- Currently enrolled MBA students are not required to be advised prior to registering
- Non-degree Graduate Students and New MBA Students do need to be advised by either email, phone, or in person prior to registering.
- Spring 2019 Registration Begins:
- November 6, 2018 for currently enrolled students
- November 19, 2018 for students readmitted to Spring 2019
- November 20, 2018 for newly admitted students
When Can I View the Schedule?
- UTC will make the Spring 2019 schedule of classes available online beginning October 15.
- Spring 2019 registration timetickets will be available on October 15 within students' MyMocsNet accounts.
- SP19 term starts Monday, January 7, 2019. Last day to register is Sunday, January 13.
- View the University Academic Calendar for more details about SP19 Registration Deadlines
Important Registration Dates:
- SP19 Priority Registration for Currently Enrolled Students: Begins Nov. 6
- SP19 Registration for Readmitted Students: Begins Nov. 19
- SP19 Registration for New Students: Begins Nov. 20
NOTE: Check your registration timeticket in MyMocsNet to confirm your registration time.
Consolidated MBA Course Schedule: See above link under "Current Class Schedules"
Summer 2019 Registration Dates & Deadlines: TBA
- Currently enrolled MBA students- not required to be advised prior to registering
- Non-degree Graduate Students and New MBA Students- do need to be advised by either email, phone, or in person prior to registering.
Instructions for Registering:
- Research what you have taken and what you have left to take.
Refer to MyMocs Degree, a web-based tool to help monitor progress towards graduation. It combines degree requirements and the coursework completed in an easy-to-read evaluation that allows students to view their progress toward a degree. (NOTE: MBA students' prerequisite/background requirements won't show up on My MocsDegree. If you are unsure of your program prerequisites, contact your advisor.)
To access MyMocs Degree follow the instructions below.
- Go to MyMocsNet.
- Enter your UTCID & Password.
- Students should access the ‘Academics’ tab.
- Click on the link to 'MyMocsDegree.'
- Research what courses are being offered that meet your program requirements.
For a list of courses, refer to the Consolidated MBA Course Schedule.
- If you would like to be advised, you are welcome to do so by phone, email, or in person.
Email Christine Estoye if you want to be advised. Prior to advising, please review your MyMocs Degree and the class schedule and compile a tentative schedule.
- Register for classes via MyMocsNet.
- Refer to the UTC Records Office for instructions for registering, changing or dropping courses through MyMocsNet.
- Do I have an advising hold that needs to be removed?
- Advising holds are used during fall and spring course registration. Advising holds will be removed in time for priority registration for all currently enrolled MBA students. New or readmitted students need to be advised via email, phone, or in person to have an advising hold removed.
- Other Holds: Questions concerning other holds should be directed to the Mocs One Center.
- Closed Class Errors: If you try to register for a class with a capacity of zero, email Christine Estoye to discuss a closed class override.
- Waiting Lists: To be added to a waiting list for class that has reached full capacity, email Christine Estoye.
- Prerequisite Errors: If you receive a prerequisite error & feel you meet the prerequisites for the course in question, email Christine Estoye. She will respond after confirming your prerequisite record.
Below are a few things to keep in mind when working toward your graduate business degree.
MBA students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA on all courses taken for graduate credit. Those who do not will be placed on academic probation and would be in danger of being dismissed from the MBA program.
- No credits earned with grades below C will be accepted for graduate degree requirements.
- However, grades of D and F are computed into the cumulative graduate grade point average.
- When courses are repeated, all grades are included in computing the graduate grade point average.
- No course with a grade below a B or from a non-AACSB university will be accepted for transfer credit.
- Students who earn 3 or more grades of C or below in graduate level courses will be dismissed from the MBA program.
The time limit at UTC for fulfilling the requirements for a master’s degree is six years. All courses included on the Program of Study must be current at the time of completion of the degree. A request for a one-time, one-year extension of time may be made by completing the Graduate Student Petition form available on the Graduate School Web site. The request must be signed by the student's adviser and the dean of the college and submitted to the Office of the Graduate School for final approval.