What is Symposium by ForagerOne?
Symposium by ForagerOne is a virtual conference platform, which will be used to facilitate the conference this year.
Symposium by ForagerOne Media Option Details
Presentation media options are listed below. Presenters will indicate the preferred media option (see options 1 and 2 below) within the conference pre-registration form.
Regardless of the option, a well-written abstract or project description (400 word maximum) must also be uploaded with the presentation media.
Symposium by ForagerOne Media Options
On the materials submission form, you will select from two presentation file options:
Media Option 1: Upload a PDF of the poster or oral (slide deck) presentation.
If you are presenting a poster or oral presentation at the conference, and you would like to upload your poster file or oral presentation slide deck ONLY, select this option. The poster or slide deck presentation file must be saved as a PDF file. The PDF file must not exceed 10MB. Use Smallpdf.com or another online tool to compress your file if necessary.
NOTE: If you select this format option, you may also upload a video to accompany the poster or slide deck presentation. This is completely OPTIONAL.
Media Option 2: Video/Screencast only
If you would like to share a video presentation, slide deck screencast, or performance (3-15 minutes) without a poster file or slide deck, select this option.
NOTE: If you select this option, you will NOT upload the video or screencast file; rather, you will record the video, and upload the media file to YouTube. Please make the YouTube video settings UNLISTED**. You will include the link to the YouTube video within the submission form.
See example of Option 2 here: https://symposium.foragerone.com/bridgew/presentations/942
Regardless of the format, a well-written abstract or project description is also required (400 word maximum). This document will be displayed with presentation materials.
Abstracts (or descriptions) should contain the following information:
- A brief introduction to the project/subject area
- A hypothesis, project goal, or specific aim
- A brief description of the methods used to address the aim/goal
- Conclusions or Impact Statement regarding the body of work.
Download the Abstract Preparation Guide
Need help writing your abstract? Contact the Office for URaCE.
More Information about Presentation Materials
See Symposium tool by ForagerOne presentation examples HERE. (You should view examples before preparing your materials).
Information Regarding Copyright, Fair Use & Intellectual Property, and Research Approvals
Before you upload materials to the conference platform you should contact these resources...
- Contact the UTC Library for detailed information about copyright and fair use.
- For more information about intellectual property contact the UTC Office for Sponsored Research: [email protected].
- If the research was conducted under a protocol that was approved by the Institutional Review Board (for projects involving human subjects/participants), Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (for projects involving vertebrate animals), or Institutional Biosafety Committee (for projects involving biological hazards), please reach out to the Director of Research Integrity, Cheryl Murphy ([email protected]).