Brock Scholars Program
Our program offers opportunities for you to connect and make the most of your time at UTC. If you’re interested in learning more about the UTC Honors College, please join us during one of our Virtual Information Sessions.
The Brock Scholars Program is a four-year interdisciplinary program for academically gifted and motivated students who pursue education that nurtures their intellects, sense of social responsibility and drive to lead.
To apply for admission to the Brock Scholars Program you must be:
- either a high school senior or a first-time first-semester college student. If you are classified as a transfer student please consider applying for the Innovations in Honors Program.
- A completed and submitted Brock Scholars Program application. This is a separate application from your UTC Undergraduate Admissions Application.
- register and attend one of the two Candidate Conferences on either January 27, February 3, or February 17. All applicants must complete an interview to be eligible for admission. Your application must be completed, including recommendation, in order to confirm your interview space.
- There is no minimum GPA or ACT/SAT required to apply for the Brock Scholars Program.
**If you are actively planning to take a gap year before entering college, please do not apply for the Brock Scholars program until the Fall before you plan to enroll at UTC. **
To apply click the link below and it will take you to the UTC Application Portal. You will use the same email address and password that you used to complete your admissions application to UTC. Once logged in, select the blue button that says “Other Applications” and you will see the option to select Brock Scholars Application from that drop down.
The Brock Scholars Program Application will open on September 15. The deadline for the Brock Scholars Program Application was January 21.
Brock Scholars Program Application
Innovations in Honors Program
Current UTC Students and Incoming Transfer Students
Innovations in Honors is a program for transfer students and currently enrolled UTC students who have a minimum of four semesters remaining in their program. This program is a problem-based, community embedded learning experience that challenges students to develop critical and design thinking skills in addition to applied creativity and collaborative leadership.
To apply for admission to the Innovations in Honors Program you must:
- be either a current UTC student or a transfer student.
- Have at least 12 credit hours of college graded work. AP/IB/CLEP do not count towards this requirement.
- have a minimum GPA of 3.2 at the time of enrollment.
- A completed and submitted Innovations in Honors Application
To apply click the link below and it will take you to the UTC Application Portal. You will use the same email address and password that you used to complete your admissions application to UTC. Once logged in, select the blue button that says “Other Applications” and you will see the option to select Innovations in Honors Application from that drop down.
The Innovations in Honors Program is now open. The deadline to apply to the Innovations in Honors Program is 12pm/noon EST June 1.
Innovations in Honors Program Application
UTC Honors Residential College
Incoming freshmen who live on campus are required to participate in the UTC Honors Residential Learning Community located in Stophel Apartments. The Honors Residential College offers additional programming and community building opportunities for its residents.
After their freshman year, honors students who choose to live on campus have the option to continue living in the UTC Honors Residential College . Transfer students and current UTC students who apply to the Innovations in Honors Program should indicate their interest in the community on their application and must apply no later than May 1 to be considered for placement.