Welcome to RISE: Residents in the School of Education!
RISE is a Living & Learning Community for incoming UTC freshman education majors and minors. Living in the School of Education’s exclusive community will set you up with an immediate educational network in Chattanooga during your first year. In addition, you will gain access to meaningful mentorships, engaging service opportunities, exclusive RISE networking and professional development events, and more.
Why live in an RLC?
A residential learning community is a cohort of 25-30 students sharing majors, schedules, and living space. Students attend the same sections of core classes and live in the same residence hall. RLC Students will also be involved in a variety of activities, including specially designed residential events, and educational experiences.
- Experiences for RISE
- Service opportunities with local schools and nonprofits
- Monthly meetings with dinner provided
- Cohort style classes (EDUC 1250 & EDUC 2010 + more)
- Peer and faculty academic support
- Residential events
- Networking with professionals in the Chattanooga area
- Scholarship opportunities
- Priority registration
- Where do RISE students live?
RISE is located in the West Campus Housing of UTC’s North Campus. Click here for more details about West Campus Housing.
The features of living in West Campus include:
- Close proximity to classes and clinical experience
- Suites include shared bedroom (two-bedroom units), common area and bathroom (all roommates will be a part of RISE).
- Complex includes community rooms, laundry, kitchen, conference rooms, multipurpose rooms, parking garage, Einstein Bagels, Dippers Chicken, P.O.D. Market (food and snacks) and front desk staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- 24-hour security
- Wireless internet
- Parking lots available near your building
- Walking distance to downtown Chattanooga!
- Living with friends who share the same passion for education!
Apply to RISE
Primary contact: Dr. Kim Wingate and/or Dr. Jennifer Ellis (Faculty-In-Residence)