Continuing Undergraduate Students
Definition: A student currently attending UTC to earn a bachelor's degree for the first time.
Continuing students must reapply for financial aid each year by completing a new Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. Continuing students must also complete the online scholarship application through your MyMocsNet each year for institutional scholarship consideration. The online scholarship application is open August through February 1.
After applying for aid, check your email and MyMocsNet regularly. The Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships will send you an email if you need to submit additional application documents for verification purposes. An e-mail will be sent to you regarding all award notifications.
If the following conditions remain the same or similar from one year to the next, it is likely that you will receive similar financial aid awards throughout your degree program:
- Your family's financial situation remains similar each year. Changes in income, marital status, number of family members in household or siblings enrolled in college will affect your eligibility for aid.
- The federal, state, and institutional funding of financial aid programs remains similar.
- You submit any requested documents by the required deadlines.
- You report accurate information on your FAFSA.
- You continue to meet UTC's Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
Continuing undergraduate students who apply for financial aid are considered for the following Types of Aid once the FAFSA is completed: