Educational leave is available to eligbile employees to continue their education and/or participate in research, grants or fellowships.

Educational leave for regular university employees must be requested in writing and approved in advance by the chief administrator and the chief human resources officer of the employee's campus or institute. Such approval must specify the length of the leave which normally should not exceed two years. Each request for leave will be evaluated on its own merits and university approval will depend upon the evidence. Any approved leave extending beyond the current fiscal year is subject to budgetary constraints or funding availability or both.

Access policy here: HR0335 - Educational Leave