The Office of Communications and Marketing shapes the image of the University. We can help devise a communication strategy to best meet your goal.
We take the many stories and activities of the University and communicate them as a consistent message of academic quality and accessibility.
- We update internal audiences on campus events, policy, ongoing initiatives, and more.
- We use social media to reach external and internal audiences.
- We offer photography and videography services to promote campus activities and events.
- We serve as the coordinating office in communicating with internal and external audiences in crisis and emergency situations.
- We employ a variety of external media in communication of the University's stories.
Developing and ensuring the proper presentation of the University's visual image through publications and promotional materials, we support student recruitment, fund raising, and community awareness through marketing efforts, including advertising, publicity, publications, and other media.
Communications and Marketing:
- Serves as a resource for the campus in the development of marketing materials and in acquiring publicity.
- Is a campus resource in the planning and implementation of special events and projects as opportunities arise.
- Determines the visual image and offers content support for the University's online presence.
- Offers a way for faculty and staff to communicate to campus colleagues with an email blast. To send a message on utcinfo: send the announcement to email@example.com. Send the message exactly as you wish it to be read by those on the listserve; no editing can be done once the item is submitted. Use plain text; add no attachments or graphics in the email. Write a creative subject line. After Communications and Marketing approves the email it will be distributed to all faculty and staff.