Swag items like mugs or apparel are a great way to promote your department or commemorate an event. The approval process can take several days before a vendor begins production, so it’s important to build in as much lead time as possible into your planning calendar.
This chart illustrates the steps involved:
Artwork for Promotional Items
Old logos and unauthorized art will be rejected, so if you need help with art for your promotional item, are unsure your art will be approved, or have any questions about the process, contact Creative Services.
- Imprint Size: If the item you want to order has a small imprint size, you will need alternative art requested from Creative Services.
- Embroidery: An alternative template has been created that may only be used in the case of embroidery—this art may not be used for any other situation without approval from Creative Services.
Promotional items must be ordered through any vendors on the approved list. You may not order items from an unapproved vendor.
- UTC logos and phrases are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and licensed through the UT System in Knoxville.
- UTC logos are strictly protected, and improper usage is subject to legal action.
- Following proper licensing protocols ensures products bearing UTC logos are consistent and aligned with University messaging and ensures UTC benefits from the commercial use of branding assets.