BS Engineering Technology Management
The mission of the Engineering Technology Management (ETM) program at UTC is to provide accessible education in the principles and application of technology management, while preparing students to understand and be productive in the work environment.
Program Educational Objectives:
In support of this mission, graduates of the ETM program will be able to:
Demonstrate the necessary understanding of planning, organizing, and problem-solving skills to provide value-added services in technical or management positions;
Demonstrate good communication skills and be able to function well in multi-disciplinary teams as leaders; and
Appreciate the need for, and to pursue, self-directed professional development opportunities, such as graduate work, trainings, and participation in professional organizations.
Prior to graduation, each graduate of BS ETM program will have:
- An ability to select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to broadly-defined engineering technology activities;
- An ability to select and apply a knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies;
- An ability to conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes;
- An ability to design systems, components, or processes for broadly-defined engineering technology problems appropriate to program educational objectives;
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader on a technical team;
- An ability to identify, analyze, and solve broadly-defined engineering technology problems;
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- An understanding of the need for and an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development;
- An understanding of and a commitment to address professional and ethical responsibilities including a respect for diversity;
- A knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context; and
- A commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.