Educating Tomorrow’s Technological Workforce
Through excellence in academics, applied research and innovation, the College of Engineering and Computer Science develops exceptional engineers, computer scientists and technologists to contribute to their fields and society.
Want to learn more about what UTC offers? Choose your area of interest
Already know what you're ready to do? Apply Now!
Get to Know the College of Engineering and Computer Science!
Hear about various academic options in
CECS through videos from Dean Daniel J. Pack, Student Success Center Director Julie
David, and CECS undergraduate as well as graduate students.
For more than 40 years, we’ve educated and trained the future engineering and computer science workforce for the state of Tennessee, the nation and beyond.
Our students are active in the classroom, laboratory, community and more.
Strong mentor relationships means CECS students—both undergraduate and graduate—have ample opportunities to work with faculty who are actively involved in research areas including urban science (smart cities), energy and networked systems, data analytics, infrastructure engineering, information security, quality control, robotics, fluid dynamics and automotive systems, to name a few.
We offer a diverse range of academic programs to prepare our students to take on the world’s challenges.
Our undergraduate degree programs prepare students for meaningful careers in the engineering and computer science fields. Through hands-on classroom instruction and experiential learning opportunities, our graduates have the knowledge and skills to succeed in today’s workforce.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Chemical Engineering (BSChE)
- Bachelor’s of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE)
- Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science and Engineering (BS)
- Bachelor’s of Science of Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering Management and Technology (BS)
- Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
- Bachelor’s of Science in General Engineering (BSE)
- Bachelor’s of Applied Science in Mechatronics Engineering and Technology (BAS-MET)
We offer several master’s degree and post-baccalaureate certificate programs in engineering, engineering management and computer science and a doctoral program in computational science. MS programs are available 100% online, 100% face-to-face, or a hybrid of online and face-to-face.
From freshman orientation to graduation and beyond, we’re dedicated to helping our students succeed.
- Start by visiting the Center for Student Success, located in EMCS 344
- Read about some of the amazing things our students are doing
- Map out your time at UTC with sample four-year plans
- Learn more about academic advising and registering for classes
- Get involved with one of over 20 student organizations
- Apply for scholarships specifically for CECS students
- View the calendar for free peer-to-peer tutoring sessions
- See how freshmen students can live alongside others with similar academic interests in our Residential College
Today’s students are tomorrow’s workforce. We’re here to help you get a head start on career planning.
- We offer several on-campus career fairs throughout the year-find out about upcoming events.
- Check out the latest jobs, internships, and co-op opportunities
- View more career development resources
Autonomous vehicles, smart cities, big data, zero-energy buildings, cyber security and more—UTC students and faculty are making new discoveries every day.
Outreach and Partnerships
UTC is Chattanooga’s University and we deeply value the relationships we have with our community partners.