Mocs are studying all over the world.
From Kenya to Sweden. From Thailand to Peru. The world is your classroom.
Whether you join a UTC faculty-led program or venture out on your own, we have the resources you need to succeed.
From securing scholarships and insurance, to studying up on new cultures that await, we’re here to help.
Hear what students have to say about their time abroad with our student-written blog, documenting their experiences from continent to continent.
2019 Study Abroad Photo Contest
Students studying abroad through UTC in Fall 2018, Spring 2019 or Summer 2019 are eligible to enter.
Need to schedule a study abroad advising appointment? Please schedule all appointments through Navigate.
1. Log-in to MyMocsNet
2. Click on the "Academics" tab
3. Click on the "Navigate (Navigate)" link under "Academic Quicklinks"
4. Once in Navigate, click on the "Get Assistance" button.
5. Select "Advising" from the drop down menu.
6. In the "Service Category" select "Academic Advising Appointment"
7. Choose "Study Abroad/National Exchange" in the "Service for your Appointment" section.
8. Select "Center for Global Education" from the drop-down menu.
9. Select Advisor - Jamie Booth (programs in the Americas and Europe) or Laura Livermore (programs in Asia/Oceania, Africa, and the Middle East - including all SIT Study Abroad and School for Field Studies programs).
10. Select the best day/time for your appointment. Please make sure to state your reason for scheduling an appointment in the "Comments" section!
11. Confirm your appointment
Studying abroad Spring 2020? Receive the Federal Pell Grant? Don't forget to apply for the Gilman Scholarship! Applications open mid-August 2019 and the deadline is early October, 2019.
Center for Global Education Study Abroad Scholarship Deadlines:
Summer: April 1
Fall/Academic Year: May 1
Spring: November 1
Check out our Featured Program Scholarships for Spring 2020 - Fall 2020!
Why study abroad?
It’s hard to name all of the ways a study abroad experience impacts your life personally and professionally. Expand your world-wide view, pick up a language or two and enhance your learning experience.
Whether you choose a UTC faculty-led program or seek out an overseas program on your own, UTC has partnerships and resources worldwide so you can find the opportunity that’s just right for you.
Whether you’re interested in a summer, semester or year-long study abroad experience, all UTC students are required to attend Study Abroad 101 and 102 information sessions offered by the Study Abroad Office.
We also offer sessions covering a range of topics including financial aid, scholarships, academics, culture shock, health, safety and more.
Faculty and Staff Resources
Guidelines and information to help you lead a trip abroad.
We’re still here for you. We have plenty of opportunities for you to stay connected and we can help you with requesting transcripts and grades, adjusting to life back at UTC and more.
Study up on UTC policies. Find cheap flights. And access information on securing a passport or visa for traveling abroad.
Health and Safety
Any UTC student studying abroad must be covered by a comprehensive medical health insurance. Here’s how to secure coverage while you’re in another country.
Get tips on how to stay safe while traveling and see how we can help.